• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Wheels of Justice........Phil Winfield.

chalcol

The good news is:

On previous charges, he pleaded guilty to class H embezzlement and was sentenced to 30 days in jail, with 24 months probation.

He was also ordered to pay a substantial amount in restitution. Good luck with that.

Meanwhile, I am still pursuing my own case against him.

F-Hole

On previous charges, he pleaded guilty to class H embezzlement and was sentenced to 30 days in jail, with 24 months probation.

Good news.

I have no doubt he'll reoffend while on probation, so hopefully he will get more jail time.

Phil, I hope you have a memorable Christmas eating slop and being buggered by "Mary".

Ginger Pete

Good news.

I have no doubt he'll reoffend while on probation, so hopefully he will get more jail time.

Phil, I hope you have a memorable Christmas eating slop and being buggered by "Mary".

If he ever returns to UK......
"Mary" will be the least of his worries !

I know of at least three people in UK that will reassign his gender if he returns.

AxemanNYC

He is a crusty dead ass piece of shit but I’m sure Karma will take care of him. He has been lying cheating and stealing so long that I don’t think he’s capable of not doing it. He’ll cross the wrong guy and end up dead in an unmarked grave. Nobody will give a shit and it will be one less grimy asshole on the planet. His kids must be ashamed of him...probably wanna change their names.

ourmaninthenorth

Vitriol aside.

The real justice in matters of this nature is that someone has the balls to bring it into the public domain - and keep it there in such an unswerving way as in this case - to limit the ongoing mischief miscreants of this type can inflict.

I tip my hat to those who do it - it is never without personal cost.

Phil who...?

Well played. :salude

corpse

Good news.

The punchline to the joke was "Come over here and give your wife a blowjob".

J.D.

This name has been infamous in the guitar community for quite awhile. I recall reading a lot of seemingly honest and detailed posts from buyers who did not feel they received what they purchased. This news should validate many of those claims. I genuinely feel bad for the people involved.

blewsbreaker

The punchline to the joke was "Come over here and give your wife a blowjob".

I thought it was, "come over here and suck my pu**y"...
Didn't think Phil was much of an athlete, but now it looks like he's gonna be a starting catcher!
:rofl

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Small justice, with so many victims. I always hope for full restitution from the people who rip me off. Even those convicted rarely pay back anything to me or other victims. :pisd

RighteousBrother

Well, I'm new here and this is my first post. I had a pristine Ovation Anniversary Model on consignment with Maverick. I wanted to find someone who dealt in unusual guitars because this was not your average acoustic. Phil was recommended to me by another friend (who used to tech for J J Cale).

Phil had it for a few years and there was no serious traffic on it. Then some time in 2016/2017(?) I discovered his bankruptcy issues and got nervous I may never see my guitar again. So I contacted Phil and asked him to ship it back to me. Well, wouldn't you know it, he told me someone bought it just before the restructuring hit but the judge put a cash collateral order or something like that in place so he didn't have funds to pay me. But he promised to make good on it. We're only talking about $1200 here.

Anyways he strung me along for several months and then finally refused to answer any emails, Instagram, or phone calls. The bugger sold my guitar and kept all the cash. My only recourse would have been to start a small claims action here in WI and then have a local sheriff serve the papers on him. The costs for arranging all of this would have exceeded the cost of the guitar. So he had the last laugh on me, up until now. Reading this post is very healing for me that local law enforcement is aware of how evil this man is. I hope that he suffers in jail, that he runs afoul of the wrong person out on the streets, and that he dies a penniless old man with a stretched out exit hole.

My guitars are like my kids and they all have names. I take it very personally what he did. It's like he kidnapped and/or molested one of my babies and I will never, ever have a kind thought of him as long as I draw breath. Thanks for letting me vent. Nice place you have here. Stay healthy and have a happy holidays. RB

chalcol

Sorry to hear another victims tale.

I was contacted recently by a current victim via The Gear Page. Apparently he has an eBay site with over a hundred guitars advertised, so it seems he carries on his scamming ways despite the law. I am still in legal process determined to pursue him, but with Covid its all been delayed.

He claims he has Covid by the way. Or is it another excuse not to answer any victims? I would like to think of him dying of Covid, but I fear wishful thinking!

AxemanNYC

Sorry to hear another victims tale.

I was contacted recently by a current victim via The Gear Page. Apparently he has an eBay site with over a hundred guitars advertised, so it seems he carries on his scamming ways despite the law. I am still in legal process determined to pursue him, but with Covid its all been delayed.

He claims he has Covid by the way. Or is it another excuse not to answer any victims? I would like to think of him dying of Covid, but I fear wishful thinking!

Do you know the EBay site? He screwed me stealing one of my guitars on consignment and I want to check he isn’t selling it there!
thanks

RighteousBrother

I was contacted recently by a current victim via The Gear Page. Apparently he has an eBay site with over a hundred guitars advertised, so it seems he carries on his scamming ways despite the law.

I saw that earlier. The pics posted are from 2011 through 2018. Doesn't look like he updated it much after Maverick went belly up.

RB

troyad

Am I losing my mind or did some posts to this thread disappear?