• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is this kid from Greta Van Fleet playing a Vintage SG/Les Paul?

Cliff Gress

From Michigan, so I try to like them, but this band is boring.

Check out Starcrawler for a hot new band.

KS 5150

I quite like GVF. Are they Led Zeppelin? No. Do they sound a lot like Led Zeppelin? Yes. Do I care? No. At least it's a new band that plays guitars instead of turntables, and writes their own songs (most of which are quite good). They do nick from Zeppelin, but I don't mind that. It's not like the originators are still doing it. THere's no new Zeppelin to compete with. I think its a case of internet trolls who have to bitch about something, who rag on them, in the age of social media. Can you imagine what kind of abuse Kingdom Come who have taken in this era? They were a worse Zep-type band, and the criticism of them was mild, comparatively speaking. I'm gonna see GVF in September, and am looking forward to it. So while everyone else is complaining about them ripping off Zeppelin (which is funny, Zep ripped off all the old blues guys back in the day), I'll just enjoy them and rock out :dude:

Cream Fan

This band is no where close to Led Zeppelin!

The comparisons are a joke.

I just heard a vid of them on Jimmy Fallon and
the singer was just plain screaming, it sounded like garbage.

I had to turn it off, I couldn't stand it.:dang

Jimmy

I, too, had to turn off the Fallon clip. I think the problem is that he was singing at the top of his voice and the strain is beginning to show. He's young, but he's damaging his vocal cords doing that, and touring will strain any voice. Even Plant didn't sing that way all the time. That's what made them so dramatic--the softer parts with the screams. Also, Plant's screams didn't grate like nails on a chalkboard. This kid's sounded grating right out of the gate on that song. Earlier vids of some of their earlier material, his voice was piercing, but not unpleasant. He'd best be careful or his career will be over a LOT sooner than he wants it to be.

Bruce R

I am old enough to remember the trashing Robin Trower took when he hit the scene, big-time, in the early 70's. They said that he was nothing but a Hendrix rip-off and all that sort of stuff. He went on to give us some amazing music over the course of his career. Yeah, it was obviously inspired by Jimi, but he took it and made it his own. Hopefully, once the hysteria dies down, GVF will do the same.

Flat-Foot

Can we not just be happy that a young ROCK AND ROLL band is getting some major attention? Some of you guys need to take your Geritol.

Blackjack30

Can't stand them.
I cant stand them either. Comparing them to Led Zeppelin is an insult to Led Zeppelin. Its like when they were saying John Mayer was the new SRV .... fAilZ. It just proves my point that we live in a vacuum for real Talent & people desperately want something to believe in.
Tickets for GVF went on sale 2 months ago. Nobody could get thru to buy the first hour. By the second hour prices for the regular crappy seats Tripled in price.
Sorry but im not paying $300 bucks to sit in the back to watch Greta & her sisters pretend to Rock n Roll.

Growing up in the 60's & 70's and surviving the 80's im content knowing ive prolly seen the best Talent ever to play music & i don't have to try hard to see anything else.

Cliff Gress

Here's something with much more spirit excitement and cool in two minutes.

Bruce R

..spirit excitement ....

Are we seeing the same video? Other than the guitarist the rest of them look like they are sedated!! All in good fun, OK? I see more Ramones than anything else. I am glad to see the younger kids are keeping this type of music alive.

mdubya

Are we seeing the same video? Other than the guitarist the rest of them look like they are sedated!! All in good fun, OK? I see more Ramones than anything else. I am glad to see the younger kids are keeping this type of music alive.

Live, she spits blood and hurls herself all over the stage, usually half naked.

Cream Fan

Live, she spits blood and hurls herself all over the stage, usually half naked.

Yeah, too bad she's so freaking thin. Like a stick. Girls like that hold zero appeal for me. Someone buy her a couple of dozen cheeseburgers!

mdubya

Yeah, too bad she's so freaking thin. Like a stick. Girls like that hold zero appeal for me. Someone buy her a couple of dozen cheeseburgers!

You're a real gem. :hee

Posted by Arrow on her IG

arrowdewilde said:
"eat a cheeseburger"

30076322_182212119077689_3874306387869696000_n.jpg

jam81

Absolutely!!! people complain about rap and EDM music taking over and Pop and what not. Now that GVF is getting attention, people complain as well. :eek:h

BTW, That starcrawler video did not appeal to me, they are not bad but it sounds like green day. I definitely prefer GVF.

renderit

I am the SAME on Starcrawler. However; I am glad they ARE talented and are playing GOOD music instead of scratching it up. And she DOES need a few cheeseburgers. She scares me. We must be twins... Do you look like this too?

28387791909_554a9d6951.jpg

AA00475Bassman

Im not on the cover of Vintage Guitar no body is paying to hear me play , stop playing might bring some cash my way . GVF is doing something on a national level . This band has my respect as other bands I do not favor .

renderit

Im not on the cover of Vintage Guitar no body is paying to hear me play , stop playing might bring some cash my way . GVF is doing something on a national level . This band has my respect as other bands I do not favor .

I actually go to ALL the talent nights! After a set of me the bars ACTUALLY PAY ME NOT TO COME BACK! It is quite lucrative.

jalevinemd

God...some of you guys are fucking harsh. In this day of Thirty Seconds to Mars, 5 Seconds of Summer and every other pop sensation clone who won't have more than 15 minutes of fame, there comes a group of kids paying homage to the kind of music that doesn't get made any more. It's so refreshing to see guys that age playing vintage instruments with a vintage sound. I for one would give my left nut to be doing that right now. I love Led Zeppelin. But they're not making music anywhere else but my turntable. I truly enjoy listening to what these kids have done and are looking forward to seeing what else they accomplish. :peace2

Blackjack30

I respect this chick more because she's Original.

GVF seems they're trying to be something they're not which seems dis-ingenuous.

It also seems cart before the horse for a band with no album to be Touring.