• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Phish trivia.

SpencerD

Phish recently did their Baker's Dozen residency at Madison Square Garden,13 shows.

237 songs,no songs played twice and as usual,no setlists. That's pretty impressive.

edit to clarify -- no setlists allowed on the stage. No paper at all actually! Those Vermont guys are kinda trippy.

Last edited:

SpencerD

13 nights at Madison Square Garden.

Some people have heard of them.

Nice try,not biting. :dude::yah:peace2

Ship

Phish is great! According to my "hippie" aunt, my love for them is because she forced me to listen to them when I was a little. Apparently 3 year old me would quite literally bounce around the room when it came on and just lose my shit for Sleeping Monkey.:salude

Texas Blues

13 nights at Madison Square Garden.

Some people have heard of them.

Nice try,not biting. :dude::yah:peace2

Sorry.

I'm old and senile and don't always comprehend what I read as I used to.

I didn't get the mental comprehension memo that this was 237 songs over 13 nights.

I initially grokked that it was 237 songs in one night.

I should probably go to the vet to be checked out.

My dog is looking at me right now with that look...

"Don't do it!!!"

thejaf

Sorry.

My dog is looking at me right now with that look...

"Don't do it!!!"

Listen to your dog.

I know music is all personal preference. I'd rather get baked and listen to the contents of my change jar thrown into the clothes dryer than listen to Phish.

Otto 57

I was at one of the MSG shows with my wife and her friend who are from the Cape Verde Islands (west coast of Africa), these two have no preconceived concepts of Western Music, they both had the time of their lives. They both LOVED it. The entire arena was on their feet from beginning to end. A few nights later I was at Tom Petty at Forest Hills and it was bland in comparison. I love Petty, and the show was great, but after a fresh mind blowing by Phish, it was just bland. Sorry. I don't know many Phish songs but it was an exciting and memorable concert. I'd say one of the best of 100's of concerts I've attended in my life. The show I went to Phish played "Shine A Light" by the Stones. I resisted going to their shows for years. Full disclosure: I've worked with Phish from '96 to present on various projects including studio albums and tours, when I finally gave in and attended one of their concerts it was amazing. I've seen them also play "Walk Away", James Gang, "Axis, Bold as Love" "Lovin Cup" Stones, "Good Times Bad Times" Zep, many other songs we can all probably get behind. I go every year to see them on New Years Eve, I must say...NYE 2012 was one of THE BEST concerts I've ever seen. And I'm not a "Phish fan." Its just credit where credit is due. GO SEE THIS BAND LIVE. Thank me later.

The Guitar Hunter

After Trey's stint with the Dead, his playing has gone to another level. They put on a hell of a show and each show is unique to that night.

Irwin_Fletcher

Phish recently did their Baker's Dozen residency at Madison Square Garden,13 shows.

237 songs,no songs played twice and as usual,no setlists. That's pretty impressive.

edit to clarify -- no setlists allowed on the stage. No paper at all actually! Those Vermont guys are kinda trippy.

My wife and I were there for the first 3 nights of the Baker's Dozen.
Not only no setlists, but each night had a specific donut made my Federal Donuts in Philly, and each night had songs that fit the "theme" of the donut.
Man were those shows awesome!

I was at one of the MSG shows with my wife and her friend who are from the Cape Verde Islands (west coast of Africa), these two have no preconceived concepts of Western Music, they both had the time of their lives. They both LOVED it. The entire arena was on their feet from beginning to end. A few nights later I was at Tom Petty at Forest Hills and it was bland in comparison. I love Petty, and the show was great, but after a fresh mind blowing by Phish, it was just bland. Sorry. I don't know many Phish songs but it was an exciting and memorable concert. I'd say one of the best of 100's of concerts I've attended in my life. The show I went to Phish played "Shine A Light" by the Stones. I resisted going to their shows for years. Full disclosure: I've worked with Phish from '96 to present on various projects including studio albums and tours, when I finally gave in and attended one of their concerts it was amazing. I've seen them also play "Walk Away", James Gang, "Axis, Bold as Love" "Lovin Cup" Stones, "Good Times Bad Times" Zep, many other songs we can all probably get behind. I go every year to see them on New Years Eve, I must say...NYE 2012 was one of THE BEST concerts I've ever seen. And I'm not a "Phish fan." Its just credit where credit is due. GO SEE THIS BAND LIVE. Thank me later.

He speaks the truth!