• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

White '59 1275 on eBay

JJ Blair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-GIBSON...d=263135633869&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

At $245,000, I hope that includes the mountain of crack this guy is smoking.

s-l1600.jpg

BatOutOfHell

At $245,000, I hope that includes the mountain of crack this guy is smoking.

Are you kidding me? 4 PAF's, 2 volume and 2 tone pots with original knobs, 3 switches, 9 intact tuners, all 59 original stiff: you'll make the money back and then some just selling them as spares...

garywright

Are you kidding me? 4 PAF's, 2 volume and 2 tone pots with original knobs, 3 switches, 9 intact tuners, all 59 original stiff: you'll make the money back and then some just selling them as spares...

no you wouldn't ..but in all fairness there is a best offer option

TM1

I love those but not worth half my house to get..

JBLPplayer

Realistically they are between 25 and 50 depending on your configuration. Maybe more but it would be tough. I have two and that's the range I'm into them for. :salude Joe B

bizzwriter

Realistically they are between 25 and 50 depending on your configuration. Maybe more but it would be tough. I have two and that's the range I'm into them for. :salude Joe B

Thanks for the reallity check on this one!

Anje

Yes thanks Joe for the feedback. Those are among the coolest guitars ever made to me.
Btw that would be cool to see yours Joe :salude

Pellman73

That is one of the most baller things I've ever seen

all I can think of with that guitar is this

apossibleworld

Reviving this from a couple months ago --

So what we have here is: a white 1959 Gibson with lots of PAFs, a Les Paul type neck, a body that's feedback resistant for stage use, and not just significantly rarer than any Les Paul... much rarer even than a Flying V, and even an Explorer (especially if you separate out the 1275 from the 1235).

I agree with other people's comment on market price, but in terms of real bang-for-the-buck value, these should be worth the same as an Explorer. If Gibson had made a singleneck version, I'm sure it would have been. The way these sell now in the high-end market, I think they're a deal. They are also some of the best sounding guitars ever made. Just a thought!

TM1

There's not a big demand for this model, so that said, the price should be much lower than what he's asking. But.. all it takes is one big Rock Star making it his #1 guitar and the prices will soar..

treeofpain

Rock star, what's that? :dude:

I had a white 1235 for a few years. Great guitar. They are definitely rare and IMO undervalued. However, as doublenecks they will always be a "two edged sword." Most guys just don't want one.