• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 64 ES 345 Historic

reddeluxe

Please find the post on 4/13/17 by Dothedew on the 3rd page of The Other Gibsons page of his 2015 Non Varitone VOS 345. He has very good photos of his guitar and mine is only a few serial numbers away from his. By coincidence, they are almost identical and eerily similar in the grain and flame....mine is a touch more subdued, but overall has more flame covering the front of the guitar. I did replace the control knobs offered by Philadelphia Luthier's Supply, which are much more accurate to vintage spec than the factory Gibson knobs. Mine does have the "window" cut in the center block, even though there is no Varitone installed....doesn't seem to hurt tone or sustain one bit.

mdubya

2014 ES 335 Dot gloss

wracGR0.jpg

2013 ES 330 Custom Shop VOS

TmbnIYn.jpg

Dothedew

Congrats on your new 345!! I'm really digging the burst color with the gold hardware! I have a Cherry '15 345 with no Varitone and it's absolutely killer in playability, tone, and aesthetics. Memphis is doing right with these guitars, they're amazing.
Play it in good health!:salude

AA00475Bassman

Please find the post on 4/13/17 by Dothedew on the 3rd page of The Other Gibsons page of his 2015 Non Varitone VOS 345. He has very good photos of his guitar and mine is only a few serial numbers away from his. By coincidence, they are almost identical and eerily similar in the grain and flame....mine is a touch more subdued, but overall has more flame covering the front of the guitar. I did replace the control knobs offered by Philadelphia Luthier's Supply, which are much more accurate to vintage spec than the factory Gibson knobs. Mine does have the "window" cut in the center block, even though there is no Varitone installed....doesn't seem to hurt tone or sustain one bit.

I did find the post ,your run of ES 345s are gorgeous you should be very pleased those did catch my eye after i bought my sun burst . I really did start looking at more 345s & 355s really liked a black 2017 355 I played after I bought the 345 . My Rich Robinson Memphis was very much a disappointment after the honeymoon was over i did remove the custom made badge and installed a stop tail still very unhappy with the tone .

renderit

This one is something different. They came out a few years back (2014) and they didn't make many. Lemonburst 335. I am going to change out the DiMarzio anniversary's to OX4 or Thrōbaks though. Under it is a Nashville 345 Mono which I thought for years was supposed to be a 59 but the neck was so thin! The peeps here recently showed me the error (from here actually) which steered me wrong. It is a 1998 65. Fabulous build quality. P.S. Just got one of those unbound 58's. Have not even had the chance to test it yet. I will say though that the case is the biggest piece of chit I have EVER seen!

36333228081_5cb04c2ce2_h.jpg

36333232611_d696cb93cc_h.jpg

36425489996_9e0c4acd7b_h.jpg

36333953981_b7e03f6bd8_h.jpg

36333950781_1cf05c08fb_h.jpg

AA00475Bassman

Very nice Ren the pair is stellar thanks for posting . Is the crap case the same fake brown les paul historic ? Did the lemon come with the dimarzio's from the factory ? If so why would they do that to such a beautiful guitar ?

renderit

Yes. the case is the same cheap-ass LP type with feet stuck on like a mistake after the Friday bell rang.

The DiMarzios were from the factory. They wanted Double Whites and DiMarzaio has the patent. They are VERY strong and in your face. Very little nuance but if you want to knock the fillings out of the front row they are cool. I like more touch and body. I may also leave covers on even though both sets I have are double whites. I also may touch base with Thrōbak and see what his recommendation is. He ain't steered me wrong yet...

reddeluxe

I did find the post ,your run of ES 345s are gorgeous you should be very pleased those did catch my eye after i bought my sun burst . I really did start looking at more 345s & 355s really liked a black 2017 355 I played after I bought the 345 . My Rich Robinson Memphis was very much a disappointment after the honeymoon was over i did remove the custom made badge and installed a stop tail still very unhappy with the tone .

Curious about the tone you are unhappy with, Bassman? Could your guitar be improved with some basic setup tweaks? The height that the stoptail is set at can have an impact on sustain, tone and feel, depending on the particular guitar's neck/body angle, natural resonance (or lack of), stiffness of the neck, and overall acoustic response....be sure the string angle behind the tuneamatic bridge allows string clearance (no contact) with the back of the bridge itself. Then there is also pickup distance from the strings, pinching/low string slots in the nut or saddles, improper neck relief and last, the material the bridge saddles are made from (plated brass, nylon, steel or titanium). Hope you get it straightened out.

AA00475Bassman

Curious about the tone you are unhappy with, Bassman? Could your guitar be improved with some basic setup tweaks? The height that the stoptail is set at can have an impact on sustain, tone and feel, depending on the particular guitar's neck/body angle, natural resonance (or lack of), stiffness of the neck, and overall acoustic response....be sure the string angle behind the tuneamatic bridge allows string clearance (no contact) with the back of the bridge itself. Then there is also pickup distance from the strings, pinching/low string slots in the nut or saddles, improper neck relief and last, the material the bridge saddles are made from (plated brass, nylon, steel or titanium). Hope you get it straightened out.

I sold the Rich Robinson the ES 345 was the replacement , I really like the 345 tone and how it plays .