• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1955 Les Paul Junior refret

B.E.

Hi!

Famous master luthier Joerg Tandler from Germany did a perfect refretting job on my beloved 1955 Junior, which still had the original frets played really down.
Now, with the big frets the guitar is a dream to play! Even the original nut could have been used by putting a small layer of material underneath it.

339kmcl.jpg

e7autg.jpg

2cii32a.jpg

Last edited:

zhivago

Very cool, a re-fret transformed my '56 LPC too! :dude:

P.Walker

looks like my kinda size frets.

Fretting over (pun intended) over worn down original frets is next on the "pathetic" list of originality standards, right after original strings.

You're not gonna drive with flat tires.

If someone goes nuts about a refret (assuming it was well done) add the price of the refret ($300)
If not, then add a dollar.

marshall1987

Great looking fret job. I'm glad you like it.

I had my 1958 Les Paul Junior SC refretted with medium jumbo frets that are around 0.045" X 0.100". My guitar plays like a dream and actually intonates very well with a replacement Pig Tail wrap around bridge. I can understand those who want to keep a pre-'59 vintage Junior original, but if you really intend to play an old guitar and get the maximum benefit from it, a refret is high on the list.

DANELECTRO

For years I put off refretting my '55 with larger frets in order to keep it "original", then I finally said "Screw it, I'm getting it refretted". It transformed it into a guitar that begs to be played. If refretting this Junior reduced its value, I don't give a shit. :jim

GibsonLesPaul55Junior510116Frets005_zpsa8763688.jpg

AA00475Bassman

For years I put off refretting my '55 with larger frets in order to keep it "original", then I finally said "Screw it, I'm getting it refretted". It transformed it into a guitar that begs to be played. If refretting this Junior reduced its value, I don't give a shit. :jim

GibsonLesPaul55Junior510116Frets005_zpsa8763688.jpg
Nice looks like some real neck angle on your JR nice !