• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How do you keep your vintage Les Pauls safe?

duaneflowers

I put sandwich bags over da heads to catch the drippin's and pour it backs into the Controller Cavity each night at midnight while waving a dead skunk over my head and wearing only dirty socks. It seems to actually ADD to da MOJO! I'm thinkin' aboot offering da service as Historylike Bakeovers is unwilling ta do it...

Now THAT makes sense... and you can probably make a killing selling your drippings on eBay... :spabout

Rev.WillieVK

How do I keep guitars safe? With a highly-trained bloodthirsty vicious ATTACK CHICKEN
i-kBbwrfB.jpg

NYCBURST

So you act like a wanker and try to ridicule someone whom you don't know, or upon a circumstance you have no contrary information on, when you come across something different. Removing a neck to protect the most vulnerable part of a LP is not as far fetched as your limited imagination makes out. Quite an odd thing for anyone to make up a myth about don't you think?
How many original 59 bursts do you own?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Removing a neck to protect the most vulnerable part of a LP is not as far fetched as your limited imagination makes out.

I find it incredibly far fetched.
Consider that this act devalues the Burst far more than most neck damage.
And, you have to pay to do it [in one way or another].

Since it is illogical it makes sense to think it is far fetched.

T.Allen

The training is not going very well. Sometimes she just licks me.

Daking1959

my back door defense..on guard at all times..

Attachments

• 20170719_200534521_iOS.jpg
    20170719_200534521_iOS.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20170321_215734064_iOS.jpg
    20170321_215734064_iOS.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 35

nagohsucram37

The subtle approach. :ganz

IMAG1380.jpg
Tom I know you've probably been asked a million times but what makes Donna so 'unfaded'? Is it the fact that she's never been exposed to sunlight or that maybe Gibson just used extra dye in the factory (or something along those lines)

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Tom I know you've probably been asked a million times but what makes Donna so 'unfaded'? Is it the fact that she's never been exposed to sunlight or that maybe Gibson just used extra dye in the factory (or something along those lines)

It has had very little direct exposure to UV light, including sunlight.
Very normal. :)