• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Modern Vs Vintage LP Jr. Pickguards

mattnew33

Does anyone have a pic of the two side by side to tell the differences. I'm trying to source a pickguard and trawling through ebay I see lots of comments stating "will fit vintage LP Jr's but not modern LP Jrs..." I'm just wondering how different they really are...

Big Al

Dosen't matter. They don't fit that's all you need to know. You can look on Gibson's web page and compare the various ones, there have been several different Jr models over the years. The vintage ones have a different neck joint and the body shape is different in the cutaway. Get the one that is right for your guitar.

mattnew33

Dosen't matter. They don't fit that's all you need to know. You can look on Gibson's web page and compare the various ones, there have been several different Jr models over the years. The vintage ones have a different neck joint and the body shape is different in the cutaway. Get the one that is right for your guitar.

I would if I could find one.....

mattnew33

To be slightly more clear, I'm trying to track down a 2015 les paul junior pickguard. I see early 2000's.. vintage.. and Billie Joe Armstrong versions. Haven't found one for the ever popular 2015 series :)

mattnew33

Since there is absolutely no documentation on this anywhere.. I'll post this addendum so someone else searching can find this

Vintage pickguards line up perfectly with 2015 hole spacing, ... I bit the bullet, bought one and got lucky.

edit: the match is about 95%. The horn on the two are different so while the holes line up, the pickguard horn isn't perfect on the newer gibsons. I can live with it.

Last edited: