• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vince Gill's 59 burst...I had a really fun day yesterday!!!

F-Hole

I'm not the envious type, but I'll make an exception here.

I'd choose to be reincarnated as Vince Gill.

:salude

Pellman73

It so weird how close this guitar is to Nicky. In addition to the color and similar wood, they even have the same checking pattern around the bridge pickup volume control knob.

Here's Vince's...

DSC_1315-XL.jpg

And here's Nicky's...

Nicky12-L.jpg

aesthetically that is so cool looking to me. Like the knob is moving at speed through space leaving check ripples behind it.

Chef Greg

:3zone ...very cool... Vince is really a great guy, lover of guitars and music-- :dude: ... so glad to see he that finally got his 'burst!

53Goldtop

I'm going to Nashville tomorrow and happen to have a ticket to see Vince and the Time Jumpers!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
The guitar was originally owned by Nashville local Leonard Arnold. Here is a picture of him playing it back in 1983.:dude:

3718647.jpg

Here's Vince playing it at Leonard's memorial (killer picture taken by Nashville photographer legend Alan Messer).

VINCE%20GILL_11.28.15_AMK6951.jpg

Stoj

Awesome pics - Thanks for sharing Charlie :salude

Phatfrank

That thing looks amazing, thank you for sharing. Do you by any chance know what year that Tele is?

bobbradley

In charlie's Nikki video with simo and Vince he says "I wish I would have pulled the trigger on one of these a long time ago". I guess he meant it!!!! Awesome guitar, awesome player = win!!!

:dude:

Doc Sausage

I was a Vince Gill fan before it was cool. My father who knew almost NOTHING about a song, a guitar, a singer, a star, said, "That boy can sing and play." If he got my dad's attention, there was something there. Oh, and wifey has what has become a Christmas classic album that will go down through the ages with the likes of Bing and Cole, IMO.

Hell, I'd settle to come back as Charlie!:salude

Last edited: