• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1964 ES-335 red

crashbelt

Lovely guitar and in great condition, especially if it was heavily gigged.

I just compared the pics with my original 64 cherry stop tail and it all checks out well. Mine's 677xx which is mid-64 so yours is probably just a little bit younger. Apart from the bridge which you're going to re-install (it should have nylon saddles btw) I could only see that the locking strap buttons are of course non-original. If the original are also in the case I'd put them back on too.

My 335s are strung with 11s - great balance between tone and playability - for me anyway.

Good luck with the auction, it should attract some serious attention.

fakejake

Sincere apologies for hijacking this thread, but there is another 64 that just came up for sale in London, which has an unusual low logo:

qrqtrlrnzn62jaa16jjh.jpg

found here https://reverb.com/item/5780754-gibson-es-335-1964-cherry

Is that common? I thought the logo is supposed to be much higher up until about '68?

GuitarMikey

Weird. On a 64, the bottom of the crown logo should sit in line with the A and B tuners.

Little Jake

Sincere apologies for hijacking this thread, but there is another 64 that just came up for sale in London, which has an unusual low logo:

qrqtrlrnzn62jaa16jjh.jpg

found here https://reverb.com/item/5780754-gibson-es-335-1964-cherry

Is that common? I thought the logo is supposed to be much higher up until about '68?

I've seen pics of at least one other ES-335TDC in the 17466x-17467x serial range that had the lower flower pot--so not unknown. Not sure the explanation...