• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tim White picups

tarlton

really? i thought it was supposed to be a mystery... never heard a concrete answer before.

LtKojak

really? i thought it was supposed to be a mystery... never heard a concrete answer before.
maybe because no other had a gaussmeter and the necessary knowledge to interpret its readings in context at disposal? ;)

rogue

My ears have always told me not an A2...because my Tims seem to have a sharp(er) attack, not as smooth as an A2. So maybe something else. I only base this on my experience with my seths,which reside in another lester of mine, and are verifiable A2's. smoother sounding.Of course an uneven coil wind could skew that sonic too?

I was lurking back in the day,and got in line(18mos) for a set of Tims.When i finally got them i was completely blown away...very satisfied.I ordered 2 more sets at the time and they all reside in 3 late 80's lesters of mine. They all have a characteristic clarity in the top end, and sharp(er) attack/high end...more Telecaster-like. This led me to believe they were not A2's...but then i have no hard readings to verify anyway...just what my ears tell me.They have less midrange than my seths, which helps with the hollow honk.Sound better for blues and lazz,ime...and have enough punch to overdive nicely.