• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1949 V Front Super Restoration

sonar

Great thread!

Thanks for sharing... and for restoring an important amp.

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
It really looks good! Although I might have chosen more than just 2 cigarette burns and one beer cup ring (seems like a token effort, surely you drink more than that)! I Joke...

Can you do clips?

MapleFlame

Definitely would love sound clips. I Have a 54 tweed Twin that will be done any day from Will.

rw4951

Just got the P10R's back from Weber this past week. They had already been reconed, but they were ribbed cones, broke up very late, and one had a slight buzz when pushed. So I sent them to Weber and had them reconed to a more vintage correct spec:

Smooth cones
Paper voice coil
Felt dust cap
No dope

They sound much better to my ear now, and do break up a little earlier. I'm sure they will only get better with a few more hours on them. Just put some Don Mare Donocasters in my CS 51 Nocaster. I must say the Nocaster plugged straight into the '49 Super is a nice pairing.

Next time I record some clips for the Down Bronwie 6G3 that I build, I will do some clips of this amp.

Last edited: