• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Re building MIJ Squier to Fiesta Red

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I put it together and even played a couple long sets on it Saturday night! Feels great, and sounds better than it did with that poly.

Lacquer is drying and has very slight orange peel that I'll level after it's really dry. Then I'll age it a bit.

fiesta_angle.jpg

fiesta_case.jpg

fiesta_pose_case.jpg

rockabilly69

I put it together and even played a couple long sets on it Saturday night! Feels great, and sounds better than it did with that poly.

Lacquer is drying and has very slight orange peel that I'll level after it's really dry. Then I'll age it a bit.

fiesta_angle.jpg

fiesta_case.jpg

fiesta_pose_case.jpg
Looks great! Fiesta Red is one of my favorite Fender colors.

fender69

Awwww...ya let the cat out of the bag.
Now prices will rise...:dang

Seriously, I've had 3 of them and want a white one again. Great guitars for the money. Put a Callaham block in mine, which helped the overall tone & sustain. PS, the bodies are basswood, from what I understand. Doesn't bother me as Jeff Beck's #1 also is basswood.

Wilko

Awwww...ya let the cat out of the bag.
Now prices will rise...:dang

Seriously, I've had 3 of them and want a white one again. Great guitars for the money. Put a Callaham block in mine, which helped the overall tone & sustain. PS, the bodies are basswood, from what I understand. Doesn't bother me as Jeff Beck's #1 also is basswood.

Ha! That cat has been out of the bag for a long time. MIJ E-Series have been getting real money for a long time. I've owned and flipped many of them. Occasional ebay finds for 100-150, but in the market they are usually 300-400 and up.

I've got a callaham block somewhere. When I find it, it's going in here.

My first one I bought new in about '85. It was white with rosewood. Loved that guitar.

The Shifter

Wow! Right then, I'll be sending my Squire JMJM to you. Dakota Red with a tort. pickguard, please.:hee:laugh2:

Wilko

Wow! Right then, I'll be sending my Squire JMJM to you. Dakota Red with a tort. pickguard, please.:hee:laugh2:

Of course, you know that pickguard cost more than the guitar did! :##:hmm