• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

interesting new gibson doublecut--- kinda cool. not sure I want one but....

Pellman73

the volute carve whatever on the neck/headstock area is really cool though I've gotta say

JJ Blair

When a PRS isn't lame enough, there's one of these.

Nice rug, by the way. It really ties the room together.

thunderkyss

I don't like that neck joint. Looks like a lazy way to do it, not the kind of thing I'd want to pay top dollar for.

Now, the way Knaggs does that neck joint...
severn-neck-joint.jpg

Now I'm sure there is a technical reason why that joint is better, but the craftsmanship involved to do it Knaggs way...

sws1

I dig it. I hope they sell millions of them.

renderit

I dig it. I hope they sell millions of them.

Why? This is the internet man! You have to wish death and destruction on them. You just forfeited your web jockey card for a week bucko...

renderit

I don't like that neck joint. Looks like a lazy way to do it, not the kind of thing I'd want to pay top dollar for.

Now, the way Knaggs does that neck joint...
severn-neck-joint.jpg

Now I'm sure there is a technical reason why that joint is better, but the craftsmanship involved to do it Knaggs way...

I am not nuts about the cover plate not being mounted flush.

sws1

Why? This is the internet man! You have to wish death and destruction on them. You just forfeited your web jockey card for a week bucko...

I gave up caring what the rest of the world thinks about me and my opinions many years ago. Screw internet consensus. Quite liberating. And much more fun. :peace2

Stephens

They look pretty cool! I like the lines from the upper horn to the lower horn. I know it's a PRS style meant for that audience, but hey- PRS makes a singlecut too.

RocknRollShakeUp

It's not my cup of tea ultimately cause I'm too aesthetically high strung, but it looks pretty cool insofar as a more modern type of design goes, and I thought it sounded really good in that informal review, and it seems very ergonomic and playable. I am not into PRS's at all, so if I needed a modernized pseudo Les Paul I'd definitely take this new Gibson instead..plus it sounds like it has a better tonal character than a typical similar PRS, to me anyway. I'll say I like what Gibson has done with this.

Pellman73

for me I'd rather have something that is aesthetically new and maybe an improvement on the neck joint (I think that part is the coolest) than a bunch of whiz bang electronics and crap like the the firebird x or robot tuners..... so at least I appreciate it for the effort

C-4

I ordered one of the Modern Double Cut Customs over the weekend in a honey burst. I liked the Silver Burst version, but MF has them for too much, whereas AMS not only reduced their prices, but knocked off an added $380 to that figure.

I never tried one before, but am interested, and hope I like it.

I have a M2M R9, a CS Les Paul Pro, and a RI '63 335, so this is the only other guitar I wanted to try.
My current Gibsons all came in perfect in every way, and I use them in our live band show all the time.

I just don't jell with the USA Production guitars, but the Custom Shop guitars are where I live. If I wind up not caring for it, it is no loss, but since these have only been built as a trial run, I am hoping I like it enough to keep it.