The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Les Paul Forum Member DEVILBAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,622

    1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    I've always been a Gibson guy. I've had at least one Les Paul, one TV Model Junior and one mono 59-60 ES-355 in my arsenal since 1979. They have and will continue to do the job for me as long as I am playing guitar. However, there are a few Fender models I've always liked, 1954- 1966 stratocasters, '52-'66 Esquires/Telecasters, and a very strange obsession with custom colour Mustang basses pre - 1970.
    However, the Gibson has always been the guitars I've always loved the most.

    But.....I landed this 1964 original finish Fiesta Red Stratocaster, green guard, clay dots, spaghetti logo...100%. This is a great guitar! I dig this one even more than any maple neck or slab board strats that I've owned in the past.
    I'll post some more and better pics later....check it out! :-)



  2. #2
    All Access/Backstage Pass Wilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    19,229

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Very cool!

    I'm in the middle of building a fiesta red strat from an 80s E-series Squire. It was black, but I strated stripping the body and fixing the body contour today.

  3. #3
    Les Paul Forum Member harleytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    20

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Very Nice !!

  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Member latestarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Oh yes...very classy. Looks super clean! Early '64?
    Otherwise known as Grant.

  5. #5
    Les Paul Forum Member DEVILBAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by latestarter View Post
    Oh yes...very classy. Looks super clean! Early '64?
    Yes...I love it....Here's a pic w/my '60 burst...




    Last edited by DEVILBAT; 06-08-17 at 05:31 PM.

  6. #6
    Les Paul Forum Member DEVILBAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%


  7. #7

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    beautiful!

  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member latestarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    OMFG - no broken pickguard by neck pickup!!!
    Otherwise known as Grant.

  9. #9
    Les Paul Forum Member Sergio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    way down South.
    Posts
    450

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Immaculately beautiful one, my friend.

    Does it have the classic hairline finish cracks around the neck pocket?

  10. #10

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    What are the features about this one that makes you like it more than any of the others that you have owned in the past?

  11. #11
    Les Paul Forum Member DEVILBAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,622

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by 60pinstripe View Post
    What are the features about this one that makes you like it more than any of the others that you have owned in the past?

    The neck is very comfortable; the finish is my favorite of all time;nice dark Brazilian fretboard; nice original frets...nice weight; love the '64s and transition logo green guard 64's and '65s. I believe that the '66 large headstock strats are still the best Fender strat "deals" out there......but this guitar has "it"..Hendrix had an affinity for '64s. Guitar is nicely balanced as are the pickups. Also, it has never been modified or screwed with. And it sounds awesome....biting lead pickup, beautiful Hendrix like tones at the 'tween position o the 3 way switch, and nice warm tone with the neck pickup. Pickups react nicely to tone and volume controls, and I love it clean or (especially) dirt. It sounds great through a '64 deluxe reverb or a Marshall.

    I prefer Les Paul's and 355's, but this '64 strat is a killer.

    Besides, I've always contended red guitars sound better!

  12. #12
    Les Paul Forum Member Progear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    547

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    What a beauty, enjoy Rich....
    Music for me.

  13. #13
    Les Paul Forum Member Kris Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wixom MI
    Posts
    3,961

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by latestarter View Post
    OMFG - no broken pickguard by neck pickup!!!
    RIGHT?!?!

    I have seen that some PG makers are even replicating that..

    VERY nice!
     photo norlin_logo.jpg

  14. #14

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Ford View Post
    RIGHT?!?!

    I have seen that some PG makers are even replicating that..

    VERY nice!
    there are some people on TGP that are doing their own 'relic'ing' and are taking razorblades to the pickguards to give that look. I find it quite silly that someone would intentionally do that. It's not really a desirable feature...and when it happens near the neck pickup, makes it incredibly difficult to keep the pickup height from staying in place...

  15. #15
    Les Paul Forum Member Kris Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wixom MI
    Posts
    3,961

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by sikoniko View Post
    there are some people on TGP that are doing their own 'relic'ing' and are taking razorblades to the pickguards to give that look. I find it quite silly that someone would intentionally do that. It's not really a desirable feature...and when it happens near the neck pickup, makes it incredibly difficult to keep the pickup height from staying in place...
    Yep, a bummer in real life..why try to replicate THAT?
     photo norlin_logo.jpg

  16. #16
    Les Paul Forum Member Texas Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    4,266

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by DEVILBAT View Post
    I've always been a Gibson guy. I've had at least one Les Paul, one TV Model Junior and one mono 59-60 ES-355 in my arsenal since 1979. They have and will continue to do the job for me as long as I am playing guitar. However, there are a few Fender models I've always liked, 1954- 1966 stratocasters, '52-'66 Esquires/Telecasters, and a very strange obsession with custom colour Mustang basses pre - 1970.
    However, the Gibson has always been the guitars I've always loved the most.

    But.....I landed this 1964 original finish Fiesta Red Stratocaster, green guard, clay dots, spaghetti logo...100%. This is a great guitar! I dig this one even more than any maple neck or slab board strats that I've owned in the past.
    I'll post some more and better pics later....check it out! :-)


    I tried to be a strat guy but always felt like I was having to do kung fu to play it.

    But if I was surfing the internet for guitar porn and came upon that redhead...

    I might need a jar of vaseline and a roll of paper towels close by.

    Got dang hot lookin' guitar!

  17. #17
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    Can I have it, please?
    The artist formerly known as "A-hole".



  18. #18
    Les Paul Forum Member Pellman73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pinehurst, NC
    Posts
    960

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    I love it

    the pics of it with your burst though I can't see-- I just see a thing from photobucket saying some stuff

    great score

  19. #19
    Les Paul Forum Member P.Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    643

    Re: 1964 Fender Stratocaster Fiesta Red 100%

    love it. factory large frets? 64/65 custom color strats (headmatched a bpnus) with transitional logos are my fav...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!