• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Alan Wilson Goldtop today.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Another Goldtop with incredible wear. Played at Woodstock, although I think the movie didn't show Canned Heat.
I got to hold this the other day and it is really gnarly! :2cool

Alan_Wilson_GT_____Canned_Heat.JPG

While checking old photos of Alan with this Goldtop I am surprised how clean it is in most photos.
Anybody know how it got so worn later on?

marshall1987

NEWS FLASH.........Space Station Astronauts Report Seeing Alan Wilson Goldtop From Space.............

False Color 3D Enhanced Image

Jumping@Shadows

Wow! A true road warrior, if ever there was!
Looks like the board was replaced too :hmm

chasenblues

Not looking to ruffle feathers or anything here but shouldn't there be "wings" on the headstock or am i just not seeing them?

H73UTEql.jpg

Tarcisioo

Not looking to ruffle feathers or anything here but shouldn't there be "wings" on the headstock or am i just not seeing them?

No factory serial number either. Probably due to a repair. Replaced head or just a veneer? Considering the fretboard looks to be a replacement, could be that the whole neck got replaced?

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
That looks like the neck was replaced. There is no way a headstock would have edges that sharp. And no wear from leaning the headstock against stuff?

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
And in the text:
"It is also possible that the neck was changed at some early stage of the live of the guitar."