• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Original burst taken apart and meticulously photographed...Burst 101...required read!

Fried okra

Can someone please explain the shining goat anus thing? I don't get it.

shines like a diamond in a goat’s ass

to say: “shines like a diamond in a goat’s -ss” is to provide high praise for something or someone. a harsh term, it is often used by men in the working trades. a star baseball player on a mediocre team could be said to “shine like a diamond in a goat’s -ss.” often, the phrase is used as a compliment for a really nice car or motorcycle. ironically, it would not be appropriate to compliment a diamond ring or other jewelry with this phrase. (body piercings excepted.)
1. that new chrome on your harley-davidson shines like a diamond in a goat’s -ss!
2. the ghost flames on your pickup truck make it shine like a diamond in a goat’s -ss.
3. inappropriate usage: “your engagement ring shines like a diamond in a goat’s -ss!” (that might get you b-tch-slapped.)

Fried okra

Can someone please explain the shining goat anus thing? I don't get it.

to say: “shines like a diamond in a goat’s -ss” is to provide high praise for something or someone. a harsh term, it is often used by men in the working trades. a star baseball player on a mediocre team could be said to “shine like a diamond in a goat’s -ss.” often, the phrase is used as a compliment for a really nice car or motorcycle. ironically, it would not be appropriate to compliment a diamond ring or other jewelry with this phrase. (body piercings excepted.)

1. that new chrome on your harley-davidson shines like a diamond in a goat’s -ss!
2. the ghost flames on your pickup truck make it shine like a diamond in a goat’s -ss.
3. inappropriate usage: “your engagement ring shines like a diamond in a goat’s -ss!” (that might get you b-tch-slapped

NYCBURST

Lmao... It has it all.. with a detailed list. love it

What do you mean? It has it all:

-It started with some initial useful information.
-Someone points out that the guy with the useful information doesn't like us in general, and some specific members in particular.
-A pile on ensues.
-Feelings are hurt.
-Cartoons are posted.
-Glamour shots are posted to counter the cartoons.
-Old grudges are renewed.
-Name calling results.
-Weight shaming ensues.
-You point out the obvious that the name callers are embarassing themselves.
-The thread is derailed.
-Tone woods are debated.
-Gratuitous shots at Paul Reed Smith ensue.
-High horses are mounted.

It's classic LPF. You can't make this shit up!:hee

gmann

I thought about pointing out all of the things wrong about his Burst diatribe...but...I figure it's better to let him leave those errant facts in so that people who KNOW this stuff will realize he does not.

(Lashing Guitars is editing his pages every time we comment.)

But people that don't know this stuff will think he's correct.

RocknRollShakeUp

shines like a diamond in a goat’s ass

3. inappropriate usage: “your engagement ring shines like a diamond in a goat’s -ss!” (that might get you b-tch-slapped.)

Many Thanks! Pretty damn hilarious! Good phrase to have in one'a discourse armamentarium to be sure!

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
all-sizes-shine-bright-like-a-diamond-flickr-photo-sharing-14388861058n4kg.jpg

agogetr

I have never heard of this guy's shop. I suspect his website traffic has gone up in the recent days. Notoriety 101: The bigger the name the bigger the backlash and louder are the voices of dissent. I am not going to get into how factually wrong what he wrote about myself and Eric is…. It simply is not worth getting into it nor lending it any form of creditability. Like it or not the place is a big target for folks in the vintage guitar community who either feel slighted, pushed out, picked on, or try to read in-between the lines forming conspiracy theories, thus winding themselves up to the point of essay length diatribe about people they have never met in person. Everyone I have met from this and the My Les Paul Forum have been super cool and fun to hang with. It is easy to throw stones online when you don't know or think you know something, its another thing to say it to a persons face.
I will say that his website is well done layout wise. Content leaves a little to be desired for some but he spent some money on it. :salude
Joe B

Why debate over someones content who called me a fraud, called Joe Bonnamassa a douche, and called this forum, "liars."

(Edit: Lashing guitars is now changing his wording on his website...he removed the comment about Joe Bonamassa having "Down Syndrome.")
down syndrome? hell joe doesnt even do shoegaze.

agogetr

You Know John… We are just mere hobbyist compared to him… Im sorry for your loss…
He shouts and acts like a buffoon on his own website.. In 2017 that is the new truth… He or She who doth shouteth the loudest is right and the silent folks who actually put up their own money, research, play and live for this stuff are wrong. I personally think your 1957 Goldtop is one of the nicest ORIGINAL Les Paul guitars I have ever seen… The Royal Albert Hall and the 5500 in attendance enjoyed the tone it produced. ( They clapped at the end of the songs) But he would call it Fake News.. I guess not all Canadiens are polite.. :hee

Joe B
'She who doth shouteth the loudest' please dont bring my wife into this. shes 7 months prego and very emotional, i just snagged a black 62 strat last week, if she finds out she will 'go to eleven'

deytookerjaabs

Oh ****, I didn't realize there was an update, just thought it was a bump of an old thread.

Man, that guy is something. I will say, he certainly put some Fender parts/stuff out there that would fool many dealers, not sure how much of it came from him directly or he was just re-selling.

RocknRollShakeUp

years ago my yard was like a junkyard had old cars and debris everywhere. when i brought a new pickup home and parked it my good buddy told me 'it looks like a diamond in a goats ass.' id never heard that one

:D, that’s funny right there
It’s a funny/great phrase fer sure!

Fried okra

Sorry
Oh ****, I didn't realize there was an update, just thought it was a bump of an old thread.

Man, that guy is something. I will say, he certainly put some Fender parts/stuff out there that would fool many dealers, not sure how much of it came from him directly or he was just re-selling.

This guy is a tool. But it was entertaining at least. :ROFLMAO: