• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

A ride in a Carr

Zowenso

How are these amps with pedals? Not thinking OD type, but delay, chorus, etc. No need for an OD on this thing.

also, how is the clean headroom, particularly on the full 16 watt mode? Stay clean past 12 o'clock on the dial? I know you can back off the guitar volume to taste, but if guitar on 10, how does the amp do with clean?

I've been an owner of the prior Merc incarnation, but this one is crazy. Thinking about this or a Lincoln (which I can still find one). Thx!

I’ve had a Merc V for about 10 months now, I LOVE this amp. I’ve always been a one amp guy, so I don’t have a ton of experience, but this amp is so sick. I’ve used my delay, phaser and tremelo through it and the amp still sounds unreal. I don’t hear a bit of difference.

Id also like to hear feedback on the clean question though. What throws me off is the two volumes. I don’t think you’ll get this amp to stay too clean at high volume. But I could be wrong. If it’s on 16 watts and the lowest boost setting and I put the Low and High volumes at 12 o’clock this thing is going to break up good I think. But I’d love to hear others feedback. This amp is so different from the twin amp I’ve always played. The Carr is only my second amp and very different so I’m also always looking for tips on getting sounds. I’ll set mine up tomorrow and put it on 16 and volumes at 12 o’clock and let you know for sure.

Pellman73

I’ve had a Merc V for about 10 months now, I LOVE this amp. I’ve always been a one amp guy, so I don’t have a ton of experience, but this amp is so sick. I’ve used my delay, phaser and tremelo through it and the amp still sounds unreal. I don’t hear a bit of difference.

Id also like to hear feedback on the clean question though. What throws me off is the two volumes. I don’t think you’ll get this amp to stay too clean at high volume. But I could be wrong. If it’s on 16 watts and the lowest boost setting and I put the Low and High volumes at 12 o’clock this thing is going to break up good I think. But I’d love to hear others feedback. This amp is so different from the twin amp I’ve always played. The Carr is only my second amp and very different so I’m also always looking for tips on getting sounds. I’ll set mine up tomorrow and put it on 16 and volumes at 12 o’clock and let you know for sure.

I marvel at how good this amp is still after owning it for 2 years. You notice they don’t come up for sale much. Make sure you have the jumper switch UP if you want it to clean up. But yea I think it’s mainly designed to be a killer British crunch machine. Sparkly cleans... probably will want a fender for that but I still think it cleans up pretty nicely

Im not sure if the speaker if breaking in but mine seems like it keeps sounding better... maybe I’m just getting better

im gassing for the new Telstar