• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Amos Signature model?

AA00475Bassman

And as I said before, I was right there with ya big one! Btw, Epiphone customer service never answered my request for info. So I'm going to pass too! But to ease your pain here's some great V licks served up vintage style by Kim Simmons....

Ive seen Kim several times over the years he's great!!!

akstrat61

Cancelled my order yesterday.:hank I would like to play one first. All I need is another guitar that I don't play!:dude:

deytookerjaabs

I love that case, it's stylin', I kind of wish they'd do a generic run of those cases sold separately.

Kevin L.

If you go to the Arthur's Music Store website, Amos, Flying V mugs are available.

Wmacky

I'm still interested but not in the Atmos for $900. Since they all have the Veneer, I think I'd rather have the regular LE model and live with a couple extra body pieces, for a $400 savings. I did't care for the TR cover anyway and the LE model still get the Korina neck, and a all korina "parts" body. I would like a Gibson, but current Vee models don't interest me at all. For Vee's I only like Korina, or gloss black with binding and inlays. All of which are multible thousands. No thanks!!! Besides my last Les Paul wasn't so great, and probally no better than a Epi model......

pkessler1

I have been trying to determine what color the pickup covers were in the original Amos with no luck. Google searches for images don't really show a good photo of the authentic Amos. Since the hardware is gold I am assuming the pickup covers would have also been gold but they look nickel in some of the photos. This could be due to the gold color wearing off over the 40 years or so it was in storage. Just curious if anyone has happened across specs for the '58 V's or has a good closeup photo of the pickup covers for this vintage guitar. Thanks!

Paul

Mudman

Local store had one today (pretty sure it was being collected and purchased as it was at the register). It certainly looked proper and correct from what I could see. Case is huge. Guy buying it had a silverburst epi that he was trading it.

Big Al

I have been trying to determine what color the pickup covers were in the original Amos with no luck. Google searches for images don't really show a good photo of the authentic Amos. Since the hardware is gold I am assuming the pickup covers would have also been gold but they look nickel in some of the photos. This could be due to the gold color wearing off over the 40 years or so it was in storage. Just curious if anyone has happened across specs for the '58 V's or has a good closeup photo of the pickup covers for this vintage guitar. Thanks!

Paul

All 58/59 were gold.

pkessler1

Just wanted to post an update about my experience with Epiphone. After shipping back the defective Amos Epiphone I received the replacement this past Tuesday (February 13, 2018). This was supposed to be a factory replacement but it is most certainly not. My Amos Epiphone was ordered through Joe Bonamassa's website and arrived double boxed with a large outer box containing a second box that had Epiphone markings on it and Amos branding/labels. I have watched a couple of youtube videos of others opening their Amos Epiphones and they came in this same Epiphone box. The guitar case inside the inner box was wrapped in clear plastic to protect it.

The replacement arrived in a box that did not have any obvious Epiphone marks on it and when I opened it the case was inside unprotected and only surrounded by bubble wrap. When I opened the case the styrofoam square that was supposed to protect the pickup switch was found in the storage compartment. The "inspected by" tag that had been placed in the strings near the nut was also missing. So I was not surprised to find a crack in the in the finish that started at the nut and went around the back of the neck. There were also numerous smudges and fingerprints on the finish that nobody had bothered to wipe off.

I can only assume that since Epiphone did not have any current stock of the guitar that they decided to try to pass of a defective one someone else had returned as a factory replacement. This one is being returned as well and hopefully the next one that is sent is truly a new one. I am extremely disappointed that Epiphone allowed this guitar to be shipped out as a replacement.

Paul

Stevie C.

What dealer was this through?

Just wanted to post an update about my experience with Epiphone. After shipping back the defective Amos Epiphone I received the replacement this past Tuesday (February 13, 2018). This was supposed to be a factory replacement but it is most certainly not. My Amos Epiphone was ordered through Joe Bonamassa's website and arrived double boxed with a large outer box containing a second box that had Epiphone markings on it and Amos branding/labels. I have watched a couple of youtube videos of others opening their Amos Epiphones and they came in this same Epiphone box. The guitar case inside the inner box was wrapped in clear plastic to protect it.

The replacement arrived in a box that did not have any obvious Epiphone marks on it and when I opened it the case was inside unprotected and only surrounded by bubble wrap. When I opened the case the styrofoam square that was supposed to protect the pickup switch was found in the storage compartment. The "inspected by" tag that had been placed in the strings near the nut was also missing. So I was not surprised to find a crack in the in the finish that started at the nut and went around the back of the neck. There were also numerous smudges and fingerprints on the finish that nobody had bothered to wipe off.

I can only assume that since Epiphone did not have any current stock of the guitar that they decided to try to pass of a defective one someone else had returned as a factory replacement. This one is being returned as well and hopefully the next one that is sent is truly a new one. I am extremely disappointed that Epiphone allowed this guitar to be shipped out as a replacement.

Paul

pkessler1

What dealer was this through?

I purchased the guitar through Joe Bonamassa's website but the defective guitar was sent back to Epiphone with a return address in Nashville, TN. The replacement was shipped directly to me from Epiphone and originated in Nashville, TN.

Stevie C.

I purchased the guitar through Joe Bonamassa's website but the defective guitar was sent back to Epiphone with a return address in Nashville, TN. The replacement was shipped directly to me from Epiphone and originated in Nashville, TN.

Ah...well even though it is certainly no fault of Joe's & Co., that would be one of the disadvantages of not going through a dealer I suppose... Bummer dude..

Stevie C.

My Amos V arrived today and I am thrilled with how nice it is!
It is ABSOLUTELY a SOLID 2 piece body. No veneer, on this one at least.
Fret work is nice and smooth. Love the neck.
Pickups sound nice, although a set of Seymour Duncan Amos pickups will be going in soon.
The only thing I’m not crazy about is the pea soup colored tulip tuners, but those can be easily changed.
One thing I was very happy to see was that the case is Brown. I could have sworn the pics I saw showed the case was black, but I’ll have to go back and look again.

Overall, this was a big win for me!

Stevie C.

Also, I saw somewhere that someone said it was pretty heavy.
This little beauty feels like a feather and weighed in at 6 3/4 lbs!