• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Amos Signature model?

Roe

https://www.session.de/EPIPHONE-Joe...utfit.html?listtype=search&searchparam=korina

This is from a German store. price is 899euro, whereas the standard 58 korina is 498euros here. ITs got gibson burstbuckers and a hardcase

Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 1958 "Amos" LTD Flying-V Outfit

Replika von Joe Bonamassas Original 1958 Flying V
Korpus: Korina
Hals: Korina
Griffbrett: Palisander
Einlagen: Dot
Bünde: Jumbo
Mensur: 628 mm
Sattelbreite: 43 mm
Tonabnehmer: Gibson Burstbucker 2&3
Regler: 2 x Volume, 1 x Master-Tone, CTS Potis & Switchcraft Schalter und Buchse
Steg: ABR™ Bridge und String Thru V-Tailpiece
Mechaniken: Deluxe 18:1 Ratio
Hardware: 24K Gold beschichtet
Farbe: Natural Korina
Inkl. Koffer und handsigniertem Zertifikat

Available 30.01.2018

Last edited:

TM1

Nice! I got the same email this morning. I really hope it's Solid pieces of Limba. If it's pieces with veneer, then I won't buy one. Always wanted a "V" after seeing the Kinks in 1965... But I sure don't want a guitar that's a collection of smaller pieces glued up. A guitar body like that won't resonate correctly and will have too many conflicting standing waves from the string vibrations.. I have a friend of mine who was with Gibson Artist Relations for 12 years here in L.A. I had asked him about the Epi Flying V back around 2003 and he flat out said that they were blocks of wood with a veneer all the way around and had a scarf joint headstock.. I didn't buy one. However the Epi Firebird VII they had was solid woods and glued up like a real
Gibson FB! I bought one of those and added a set of Duncan Custom shop mini's and some CTS pots, etc. Was a nice guitar. I ended up selling it when I found a copper mist Gibson FB VII that I play to this day. The 11 piece body/neck thru is the same for the regular production models vs. Custom Shop and came with a real ABR-1, not the Nashville piece o' shite bridge that the USA models were using. anyway..

Last edited:

deytookerjaabs

Headstock Wings, Neck Blank, Truss Stripe, Fretboard, 2 caps, body blank, and roughly 7 glue seams not counting all the fancy add-ons or headstock break is a basic Les Paul. An ES-335 is about 4 times that. Ah, I give up!!

That said, first complaint on any Epi for me is the lack of traditional grain filling and instead going with the Fender approach. As said, I think the regular "'58 V" Epi is a multi piece bod with very thin veneers to complete the look, they've had a couple different neck woods and headstock/heel joints too over the years.

Here's the promotional vids and web page: http://www.epiphone.com/News/Featur...-Joe-Bonamassa-1958-Amos-Korina-Flying-V.aspx

Big Al

Looks great! I couldn't be happier with my Treasure Firebird I and Amos would make a great addition. I'm in.

HI-TONE

None were Korina, (White Limba), bodies. Butcher block mystery wood with some kind of veneer.

Right, I was disappointed with those earlier Epi's.
These look pretty cool if they are truly as advertised.

deytookerjaabs

What's the difference in terms of the white wood and finish from the '58V? Promo seemed to show a scarf at the headstock, possibly a splice at the heel in the linked pic and nothing advertised in terms of body construction either (previous model also stated the body was Korina).

AA00475Bassman

I would like to see one hands on , 7 years back I bought a EPI 58 new, 565.00 and you received what you paid for . I traded the guitar back about a month later .

Last edited:

Uncle Gary

Gosh dang it all! Here I've been staring at the ads for the Epiphone '58 Flying V reissue for months now, telling myself, "I don't need another guitar, I'm retired and on a fixed income, I have too many guitars now," and now THIS!

Epiphone, why you got to do me like this?

BoomGuru

Well... I've decided to bite the bullet and pre-order one. I haven't bought an Epiphone since 1995 when I bought an LP standard... :hmm

deytookerjaabs

FWIW, I dropped into a retailer before lunch and they had the regular model 58V there so I can't speak to the differences but I'll give a rough synopsis of the most recent model for a later comparison since it caught my attention:

Firstly, it's got the 4 veneers no doubt but in terms of cuts underneath those veneers I couldn't find a seam to save my life but I'm guessing it was well hidden. Then, the neck was 1 piece grafted into the body and I kept double checking under the bright lights to make sure I wasn't crazy? It has big frets, medium jumbo at least by Gibson standards. Neck wasn't "slim taper," though I guess that's the advertisement, but more of a stout consistent medium C. That said, it was the Pacific Rim C wherein there's about as little shoulder towards the edges as you can get without it being a V. The fretboard also had that pale/waxy color Epi thing going on.

Definitely a bridge post insert on the body, sticker said "AlNiCo Vintage Humbucker" or something to that extent. Of course the finish still looked a cheap coffee table that grandma bought from "monkey wards" in the 80's. All in all, okay for the dough I suppose.

A salesman said he could do 15% off the $550 price today, hehe, I think that's about $470, no case though. It will be interesting to scope out the new Joe B model later on down the road for comparison.

Keefoman

FWIW, I dropped into a retailer before lunch and they had the regular model 58V there so I can't speak to the differences but I'll give a rough synopsis of the most recent model for a later comparison since it caught my attention:

Firstly, it's got the 4 veneers no doubt but in terms of cuts underneath those veneers I couldn't find a seam to save my life but I'm guessing it was well hidden. Then, the neck was 1 piece grafted into the body and I kept double checking under the bright lights to make sure I wasn't crazy? It has big frets, medium jumbo at least by Gibson standards. Neck wasn't "slim taper," though I guess that's the advertisement, but more of a stout consistent medium C. That said, it was the Pacific Rim C wherein there's about as little shoulder towards the edges as you can get without it being a V. The fretboard also had that pale/waxy color Epi thing going on.

Definitely a bridge post insert on the body, sticker said "AlNiCo Vintage Humbucker" or something to that extent. Of course the finish still looked a cheap coffee table that grandma bought from "monkey wards" in the 80's. All in all, okay for the dough I suppose.

A salesman said he could do 15% off the $550 price today, hehe, I think that's about $470, no case though. It will be interesting to scope out the new Joe B model later on down the road for comparison.

I've got the last version of the "regular" 58 Korina V, or Ltd. Ed. Korina Flying-V as they're officialle called now.

It's actually a good guitar when I got past some fret-levelling and setup. (Silly me didn't specify that for the internet retailer I bought it from) Mine is a three piece Korina body with veneer top and back. Also Korina neck. Scarf joint headstock. The neck is like you describe, and also pretty wide.

I've swapped the electronics in mine for CTS pots and Emerson cap. (original was some chinese cheaps, not even Alpha) and the pickups that are Epiphones Alnico Classics which I didn't like, so I put in a set of Tonerider Alnico IV Classics, which made quite an improvement.

The guitar sounds nice, feels good to play, and is very light weight.

TM1

Looks great! I couldn't be happier with my Treasure Firebird I and Amos would make a great addition. I'm in.

Yeah, the Treasure is a great guitar! I put CTS pots, Sprague 160P cap and one of the correct bakelite jacks in mine along with a nylon nut, Celluloid dots, vintage spec bushings/studs and a bell brass wrapover from ABM in the JB Firebird. Unfortunately I had to sell it but it went to a great home. Ended up with a Blues guitarist name Dennis Jones. He's a real fine player and loves all this shit like we all here do. He's got a few CD's out as well.

I sincerely hope that the JB/Amos is built as well. I know that Joe feels the Korina guitars have a little more bite & snarl than a Les Paul. I saw him the last show of his 3 Kings Tour and the Fly V he had that night was Albert Kings one that Dan Erlewine built and he had an original one as well.

deytookerjaabs

7-10K For a Gibson Korina?

But, but, on my local craigslist there's a:

GIBSON EMPLOYEE KORINA V

Sweet Sweet epiphone Flying V
Built by Gibson employee here in
Nashville!
Nothing spared,
parts are all from
the big G!Try to find the Gibson
medallion on the headstock,
Then shell out the cash!!
I can't remember what mod.
pickups are under the hood?
If serious bring some strings
and we'll dig in!
This is a monster that intonates
and plays like butter!Incredible
sustain and growl!
Some moron couldn't decide
where to put the strap button?
Seen this bonehead move on
originals?
Gibson case! Please help! Jazz
buddy's are gonna kick me out
if I show up again with this Beast!! Read Less

00V0V_9lZDcfacEWG_1200x900.jpg

And it's only $650 :hee

https://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/d/gibson-employee-korina/6379311934.html

Thundermtn

I'd kind of like to meet the person selling this, seems like they're in that "inner circle" that always has the good stuff. The Gibson slotted bridge screws are a big giveaway on how special this thing really is!

Big Al

I'd kind of like to meet the person selling this, seems like they're in that "inner circle" that always has the good stuff. The Gibson slotted bridge screws are a big giveaway on how special this thing really is!

It is just a bunch of bullshit lies to sell an Asian Epi V with veneer butcher block body with no real Korina wood and thick poly plastic finish. No Epi V was built in Nashville. Total BS!:laugh2: