• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

HNGD 2011 James Trussart Steelcaster

Pellman73

I just had to have one of these. Been having fun watching vids on this guy. He is very eccentric.

Anybody else have a Trussart?

I"m excited about this one! They slap gator skins on the body's to get that gator relief pattern... pretty cool

the pickups, from what I've seen and heard, are really good! Arcane hand wound and PAF based in neck and broadcaster based in bridge...

This is not for the relic faint of heart!

http://

CoyotesGator

Although I don't recommend slapping gators, that does look really cool.

I bet it was uncle Carl, he always was a little different.

Cheers!

:salude

Big Al

I have always found them to be very appealing too my sense of style. The whole Rustic Rust thing really works well and they have such a strong Americana vibe. On the completely opposite end of the spectrum the TYRE Guitars just make me moist!:ha:hank

Pellman73

I have always found them to be very appealing too my sense of style. The whole Rustic Rust thing really works well and they have such a strong Americana vibe. On the completely opposite end of the spectrum the TYRE Guitars just make me moist!:ha:hank

thanks Al--

yes you said it exactly

he clearly loves the delta blues, spent time there at one point in his life and these guitars are works of art in my opinion --- and something out of a strange dream almost.. watching some vids and knowing that they sound good and have some pretty cool pickups was enough for me and I thought it would be fun to own one.

his shop is pretty cool!

latestarter

Congrats! I handled a few Trussart's at the Malibu Guitar Convention on Saturday...very nice indeed.

Pellman73

ok just unpacked it. this thing is COOOOOL!

one take with screwups... trying to play essentially the same thing roughly-- on all three pup settings

but mainly posting this because its almost hard to believe an all metal guitar can sound like this.

all three pickup settings sound really good to me. the neck PUP is really smooth and womanly and the bridge has nice twang but not to much-- in between is very sweet I think too.

anyhow in my vacuum it seems to sound good (except my playing) but I always wonder if its like I'm that guy on American Idol singing "SHE BANGS" and I think I sound good but really I sound really shitty. I hope not any way.

its a REALLY good instrument-- and the neck has a really nice profile.

I think its a keeper! I guess I"ll have to call her Gator

renderit

Yule 'lectrcute yerself! You plug that inta a 100 watter and it WILL suck yer fillings out! Be very careful. I 'spect this Trussart guy is French! I will ask Buddy Baptiste, my accordion player (that thing with the keys as you squeeze). He will know...

deytookerjaabs

Crazy guitar! Very cool & unique. Kind of wish I picked one up when a local shop back in Chicago was blowing them out during a move to a new location.

Pellman73

Crazy guitar! Very cool & unique. Kind of wish I picked one up when a local shop back in Chicago was blowing them out during a move to a new location.

Deytooker and gator-- thanks guys!

and ren--- I feel like a Frenchman expat delta blues obsessed dreamer would definitely be up on all the OSHA electrical engineering issues so I should be good... um... wait how am I not going to get electrocuted ?

ok well... way worse ways to go!

this guitar is WAY better than I thought it would Be for the "PLAY ME" factor. And you guys know what I mean by that

rock on brothers and happy Memorial Day weekend and thank any of you who served !

i am NOT ON CALL for the first time in weeks and I'm over the moon.

headed to the local guitar shop and I'm getting pizza and beer and starting an unsolicited artists residence for this afternoon!

:dude:

flatdream

This guy makes great guitars.
I ve been very lucky being abble to custom order mine last year.
Great tone, great neck, it resonate as if it had an internal reverb.