• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Electro Harmonix English Muff'n Volume Drop Off...........................

JeffBlue

just as the title says, I have an EHX English Muff'n that I have installed new NOS tubes and this unit sounds amazing. However, i am experiencing intermittent volume drop off. Does anyone have any ideas or give me direction on what to check? Thanks.

P.Walker

just as the title says, I have an EHX English Muff'n that I have installed new NOS tubes and this unit sounds amazing. However, i am experiencing intermittent volume drop off. Does anyone have any ideas or give me direction on what to check? Thanks.

might be the switch. Has been the culprit for me every time, assuming the power supply is good.

JeffBlue

Thanks for your reply Mr. Walker. It must have been a dirty pin or socket because swapping the NOS tubes that I installed when I received the unit seemed to shake something free because the unit is working well and sounding beautiful. FYI.....I am using a 12AX7 in the input side of the unit and to my ears, sounds better than the 12AY7.