• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2014-2015 Les Paul Traditionals - opinions needed

Scott L

The site says they are out of stock but they do have them. My brother in law called them today to get one apparently....he just texted me.

Nope - not in. Supposed to be there next week Taking Pre-Orders. No additional discounts.

BillyBling

Additional discounts? Lol

These are a steal at this price imo. I'm happy waiting a week.

:)

wmachine

Just got a call from my Sam Ash rep last night - they bought 300 leftover 2015 Les Paul Traditional's from Gibson in some crazy bulk deal. They are all in Ocean Blue and selling for $1399 shipped. I immediately gave him my credit card information. These were like $2700 two years ago.
Same here.
And they're getting LPMs too.
http://www.samash.com/SearchDisplay...age=true&pageView=grid&searchTerm=2015+gibson
But you have to call in to get these, they cannot be ordered online.

SA just got done blowing out other 2015s too. LP Juniors for $479, LP Specials for $579, SG Specials for $549, and some LP Les Plus for around $1,000.
And all of the 2015s come with the anniversary gold hard cases.

Actually they weren't going at $2700...
Uh, yes they were. And more. Street price was $2879.00

Nope - not in. Supposed to be there next week Taking Pre-Orders. No additional discounts.
You need a new sales guy. I got $20.00 off just for asking.

The site says they are out of stock but they do have them. My brother in law called them today to get one apparently....he just texted me.
Right. You have to call in for availability and ordering. Pay no attention to what the website says.

BillyBling

Laugh, but in the past have gotten additional discounts on blowouts when I called in on several occasions.

Yeah me too. It never hurts to ask. They gave me an extra $20 off. lol

I always ask for a discount. There's nothing wrong with negotiating. :)

fakejake

Brain Dead on my part... no secret on my part that I'm supporting the habit by wheeling and dealing....

Had one of these pass through - was very sweet....

yykgyfxvr2tbvuyikgyh.jpg

Whats that on top of the headstock, on the tuners? :hank

Scott L

Whats that on top of the headstock, on the tuners? :hank

Those are the locking tips to the " Mini E-Tune " system. This was the system before the G-Force redesign.

These are taller off the headstock than the G-Force's

robohead-tulip-style-bass-marble_2.jpg

macteacher

Just to chime in here on the 2015 LP Traditional.

First off I never owned an LP before, I've played a few, and while not my cup of tea, I was still intrigued by them.

More of a Tele and 335 guy I guess. (FYI, Strats don't do it for me either, something about the placement of the pickups, bridge, and control knobs...)

I read a lot about the take on the LP Traditional 2015s, (quality control issues and a lot of the negative press), but I received that same email from Sam Ash and the pricing caught my eye.

I stopped by my local Sam Ash and they actually had just one.

First off, when I buy an instrument, I'm looking for a player, I never really care that much about cosmetics so the headstock signature and the hologram weren't an issue for me, though I could see how they could be off putting for traditionalists.

Also the guitar I played had none of the cosmetic issues that I read about.

Frets, binding, top, neck, back were all looking good.

I also had read that Gibson would send you a titanium nut replacement for the brass so that didn't concern me.

The tuning system was not for me, but I had watched videos online that showed that you could easily install locking tuners and sell the tuning system on ebay to fund them.

The extra weight was no big deal for me as weight can equal sustain.

Pickups sounded great too.

Which leaves the main gripe about the 2015 Traditional which is the wider neck.

For me, coming from other body forms, this was a feature, not a bug.

Neck felt great and played well.

Maybe they shouldn't have called this a "Traditional", but the result for me was a Les Paul, (albeit a redesigned one), that I immediately bonded with.

I took the guitar home at a great price in a nice case and Gibson has my titanium nut replacement on the way and locking tuners are ordered.

Your result my vary of course, but I just wanted to share my experience.

Godoofthunder

Hello to all,
I'm considering buying a 2014-15 Traditional but want forum opinions before I do so.
I'm intrigued by the 59 Tribute pickups and non-weight relieved body (in the 14').

Any experience you have to share would be appreciated.

Thanks
Randy
I’m probably way late for the topic, but I own 2 of these 2015 a sunburst and tobacco I love them!! I changed out tuners and pickups.the 50’s PUPS sounded muddy for me Seymour distortions. I like the fat necks for me it’s a more comfortable feel. They are a 50’s neck +. In a decade it will be forgotten all the minus of this era just like my ‘75 deluxe when it was new no one like the pancake style