• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson SG '61 Reissue questions

Pellman73

I took the SG off to my tech/luthier yesterday for a setup. I've been using the same guy for over twenty years and he is fabulous. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with it. The review is coming along great. I figure I'll publish it after I get the guitar back from my tech and have the final overview of the thing.

Bob

:salude:yah:dude:

Awesome Bob! looking forward to reading your review!

I"ll also be curious to hear what he thinks about it. I really think Dave got some special guitars made and I think we got a steal on these things. at least I like to think things like that

hey did you see that that new Gibber (that Bohlinger reviewed) has 57 classics in i! (I think that's what he said)..... said that they won a "shoot out" at the factory with all the other pups (not sure what that really means and what they put them up against but I thought it was cool

Bob Womack

:salude:yah:dude:

Awesome Bob! looking forward to reading your review!

I"ll also be curious to hear what he thinks about it. I really think Dave got some special guitars made and I think we got a steal on these things. at least I like to think things like that

hey did you see that that new Gibber (that Bohlinger reviewed) has 57 classics in i! (I think that's what he said)..... said that they won a "shoot out" at the factory with all the other pups (not sure what that really means and what they put them up against but I thought it was cool
I didn't see that test but the '57 Classics are my favorites.

Bob

Koko Brown

I had the chance to buy one at that price several years ago but passed because the back was all wormed out; I've regretted it ever since, because it was a swell one, and I haven't seen another one in person since. Congrats!

b0ng0man

I am in Australia i bought a brand new 61 sg reissue in 2009-2010 and never played it as i have a few more guitars....now i have decided to sell it as new /mint and i am getting offers from a few people at 1800 aud which is about 1400 usd
here is the link . now could someone help me here and tell me if 1800 aud is enough. the guitar is unplayed brand new in box with original strings .
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bow...-61-reissue-nos-unplayed-and-cased/1157145299