• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

¡Tequila!

Xpensive Wino

Master Builder Paul Waller has partnered with a famous tequila house to build a Stratocaster from agave.

More than 30 hours of work went into building the one-of-a-kind solid body art guitar, with the Master Builder finding the soft plant material quite challenging to work with.

"The Agave Stratocaster has a specific sound compared to an alder and maple guitar," said Waller.

The Strat's two piece body is made from pure agave, with a polyurethane finish and an agave paper back plate. It sports three hand-wound single coil pickups – a Fat 50s neck and RWRP (reverse-wound, reverse-polarity) middle and bridge – and a 5-way selector to switch between them. The guitar's "Stout V" neck is also made using agave and topped by a 21-fret agave fingerboard. It's by no means a heavyweight, tipping the scales at around 6.5 lb.

:salude

stormy

BEAUTIFUL guitar ! And strats (to me anyways) are utilitarian instruments which means that looks are not my number one concern when choosing a guitar. I'd buy this one on looks alone.

The Shifter

that's cool. Ray Barbee was a pro skateboarder when I was a kid. :peace2

Public Domain!!

It's funny, it this were a Gibson lots of people would be screaming bloody murder about this being "the reason Gibson is going out of business."