• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Henry Vestine Custom

Mark Kane

All Access/Backstage Pass
I'm pretty sure that all the Black humbuckered LP customs I've seen pictures of Henry playing were late '60's guitars. This one has a painted on 5 digit serial numbers. The photo is from '69 so could it be anything but a '50's guitar?

henry_vestine_LP.jpg

TM1

Yeah, that ones is most deffenately `50's. Those guys were Brutal on their gear!! I use to fix those combos they used back in the mid `70's. All their stuff looked like it'd been beat on..

c_wester

It is from 1968.
And what I want to know is, did he use a Fuzz? Or was it TNT amps all the way?

kuwahara80

Wow. That paint on the neck has come off fast then. Looks well played for a one year old guitar.:hmm

Drayve85

The binding in the cutaway sure looks skinny. I thought that was a good way to tell the eras on customs, but then it seems like I heard that the early reissues, ‘68 and ‘69’s had the skinny binding. Did they also have painted on serial numbers like that? Or were they the stamped serials?? It does seem life an awful lot of paint to be worn off in roughly a year-ish or less. My money would be on 50’s, but I am not sure.