• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Simo's back with a nice tune

Tarcisioo

It's been a while since I've seen anything from Simo here or on youtube, but now there's some new stuff going on. I think they spent some time at the studio recording for a new album

I really like this tune, and loved the wah work

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PSVAFyUMY28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tarcisioo

Bonus content: check this 345! What a beautiful instrument!

I love his Gibson + Fender combination, very bloomfield-esque, but this song would be huge with the Marshall. Spoonful anyone?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PEiBbFgcHSk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jsams3

Thanks for posting! I was at this show and it was fantastic. In my opinion the sound is much different from his last album. If I remember correctly he was running through a super reverb and an epiphone futura. His pedalboard is what surprised me the most. I remember a wah, erine ball volume pedal, ehx synth, boss delay and a couple more pedals I could not make out. Did you happen to get a pic of it? I saw him about a year ago and he only had a wah on the floor in front of a Marshall. Man, can this guy play!

Tarcisioo

His pedalboard is what surprised me the most. I remember a wah, erine ball volume pedal, ehx synth, boss delay and a couple more pedals I could not make out.!

Oh, really? JD was one of the guys who turned me into the guitar > amp thing, a minimalist set. I guess everybody has the right to try new stuff.

There are a couple of tracks at youtube from something that looks like a solo album that I really disliked, too much pop orientated IMO

But he's still a fantastic rock player

c_wester

Saw them in Helsinki in december.

It was a totally awesome enjoyable show.
The wife who normally dont listen to this kind of music loved them.

We had a nice short chat after and he was the nicest guy.
Also the drummer and basist were beyond awesome the room shook wirh the Groove.

Wally

fwiw, he has a larger Gibson amp from '63-'64 sitting beside that Fender. Both amps are mic'ed.
The tremolo there in the second cut sounds like a bias vary trem....and that is what would be in that Gibson.

GotTheSilver

I really wish someone would tell this guy it is not the 1960s/1970s anymore. It is one thing to be influenced by your heroes. It is something else to sound (and look) just like them. I see nothing original or interesting in Simo. Just my opinion.

Wally

I really wish someone would tell this guy it is not the 1960s/1970s anymore. It is one thing to be influenced by your heroes. It is something else to sound (and look) just like them. I see nothing original or interesting in Simo. Just my opinion.

Well, I was there in the '60's, and iirc Simo in the cuts above doesn't LOOK like any rock guitarist from that time. His hair is too short, and it is coiffed with a bit too much care, perhaps. That 'lounging sweater' is not any style from the '60's, either. LOL...
As for what he is playing??? Well he does rock guitar pretty well and very honestly, imho. One can like it or not in this free world.

Tarcisioo

I don't know what you've been listening to, but does this sounds 60s/70s to you?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GLvQE4b3VHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

(This has just been recorded, if I'm not wrong)

My only problem with JD is that he sometimes just ain't 60s/70s enough!! :spabout

There's some pop orientated tunes in his 2 studio records, wich I very much dislike. But the blues rock stuff is just out of the roof. I think it's worthy

jseter

I don't know what you've been listening to, but does this sounds 60s/70s to you?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GLvQE4b3VHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

(This has just been recorded, if I'm not wrong)

My only problem with JD is that he sometimes just ain't 60s/70s enough!! :spabout

There's some pop orientated tunes in his 2 studio records, wich I very much dislike. But the blues rock stuff is just out of the roof. I think it's worthy

This is from about 10 years ago, just FYI

DoctorDox

Go see them live, and tell me youre not floored at the end of the night. These guys are on an insane level with improv

Ship

Their new album comes out this Friday. Can't wait to hear it! JD did some interviews early this year where he said that Gibson is supposed to be coming out with signature model based of of his 335. Has anybody heard anything about when Gibson might release them? I know Gibson did a limited run awhile back.

mdubya