• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Sweetwater.com

Guitarwulfe1

I generally have very good experiences with this company but lately the Head of Guitar Operstions is a total Douche.

Dave71

Sorry to hear that. I have always had great experiences dealing with them. Even though I tend to return more stuff to them than I keep. Perhaps it's guys like me who have gotten the HOO all wound up. :hmm

Big Al

You might want to explain why before posting such an accusation. That is a douche move.

Musicman

Al's right and explanation would be nice. I've always had great experiences with them especially when I lived near by.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
I've always had very good experiences buying from Sweetwater -- and I've bought quite a bit of gear from them over the past decade. My biggest beef is that they've been cutting back on the SweeTarts they put in their boxes.
smiley_emoticon.gif

Grayd8

You might want to explain why before posting such an accusation. That is a douche move.

Completely agree.

I have ordered one guitar, one amp, one cab, several pedals, and a few accessories from this company and they have been awesome every time.
The closest I could come to a complaint is when FedEx delivered my 2551 BV cab to the wrong address, but that's not on Sweetwater.

SpencerD

I have spent some money with Sweetwater over the years and have always been completely satisfied with those peeps.

Brand new car money. :yah:dude::peace2

Tom99SS

I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with Sweetwater. I just picked up a Custom Shop THR8 from them. Could not have been happier with the service and the price.

Kutt

I / my band had an issue with them years ago and I won't buy anything more than a pack of strings off them now, if anything.

We purchased a new mixer from Sweetwater. They shipped it with the shipping label directly affixed to the manufacturer's box (not double boxed), which is fine, but when we needed to return it within a day or two after receiving it, they busted our nuts to no end about charging us a restocking fee. How can you "restock" the item when the box arrived scuffed to shit due to your negligence with your shipping label directly affixed? There's a douche move for you. Between the band and my own purchases since then thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars have been spent. Not a nickel went to them.

I realize I am in the minority when it comes to not buying from Sweetwater, but all I can do is state my experience.

Last edited:

rjwilson49

Nothing bad to say about them. I always get great price breaks and have had great customer service. I even sent back an EVH stripped a few months after I purchased it, since it had a problem and they sent me out a brand new guitar to replace it. They even sent the guitar out first and I used the box they sent the new guitar in to ship back the old one.

edselman

All I can say is that Sweetwater is the absolute best. OP, what is your issue with them?

renderit

I have not bought much from them. A few amps I think. The reps always spent my time describing why their service was so important to me that it was worth paying more than other shops rather than giving me a discount. 2 minutes later I buy much cheaper elsewhere. And elsewhere are great shops so they have not gotten a lot of my business. I have nothing against them, but because of this I use them as a last resort. And the other shops are happy because I buy A LOT of gear. Now when I contact them I send my price. If they can do it, fine.

Last edited:

toxpert

I have bought just a few things from them over the years ears. Despite my small purchases, deliveries come fast and packed with candy...and sold with a competitive discount. They also call me every 6 months or so to chat music gear and check if there is anything they can do to help me. The caller is always an experienced musician.

In my book, that is a delightful customer experience.:dude:

None of the other big box stores give a care if I am dead or alive.:dang