• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any other watch guys out there?

Pellman73

I think when they said "chords" they meant strings

the idea is kind of cool but I think the execution.... kind of sucks and is a mess aesthetically

what do you think?

its a fun thing to think about what a watch would or should look like if it was inspired by a les paul guitar

the only thing that they attempt to make it be close to a les paul is the diamond custom inlay headstock thing next to the date and the fact that it says les paul on it (and gibson on the back). that seems like a sorry afterthought. like after they finished the watch someone was like "this is just a guitar watch" and they threw that in at the last minute.

for example I think it would have been cool if the did a chronograph for the chronograph registers to look like the tone volume knobs or the pokerchip

the face could have had some sort of sunburst effect to it.

who knows. I just don't personally feel like that watch captures anything particularly les paul ish.

the bezel could have looked like binding. if you wanted to go with it looking like a black beauty then layered binding...

man I don't know.

renderit

I had one for like a day. I did not like it! totally annoying. I am already overstimulated in my life and with my apple products.

I think it is time for your watch philosophy to get in line with your amp philosophy.

see the way I see it the apple watch is the FRACTAL AUDIO AXEFXII OF WATCHES. As such a purist of analog things I would have for sure thought you'd at least have a mechanical watch.

well, strike that. I know you have a mechanical watch. at least I'm guessing that. you should start wearing it again! trust me you'll be happier. you might die sooner from not getting the 10000 steps a day you need to live longer according to Steve Jobs (ok sick joke there-- and not even accurate since he died before the apple watch came out. who came up with this 10000 steps a day bullshit anyhow? those people on that island off the coast of italy who live forever and never get sick eat olives and drink wine all day and I know that they don't get 10000 steps. there's not even enough space on the island) but the quality of life will be better in your shorter days.

AYe, the Apple watch is for overstimulated nerds. The damn thing shows me my texts that come in on my phone! As if I can read...I actually do have a very nice pocket watch that is 100% analoggy. I just stopped wearing vests and spurs a while back so's I don't have the fitment for it...

BoyBastos

i am a tag f1 and automatic aquaracer.. i have my eyes on an omega speedmaster moonwatch 👊🏾

Pellman73

i am a tag f1 and automatic aquaracer.. i have my eyes on an omega speedmaster moonwatch 👊🏾

nice! my first cool watch I got was one of those plastic formula 1's (quartz) that came out in mid eighties. blue body w black bezel.

those are great.

everybody needs a speedmaster. great watch and great history and they are affordable.

the hard part is figuring out which one to get. there are so many iterations. probably the coolest one you could get is a vintage ed white

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/just-because-an-omega-speedmaster-reference-105003-ed-white

ed white was a badass too. terrible tragedy what happened to those guys. I didn't know that much about it

I don't have one but its on the list. maybe the next watch I get is a speedmaster

they are also cool as you need to wind them up to work (the professional moon watch. they do have automatic versions but thats like buying a Robot Les Paul) which seems like a pain but its somewhat meditative to spend the 5 to 10 seconds winding it.

I have a manual wind chronograph that is similar

Pellman73

AYe, the Apple watch is for overstimulated nerds. The damn thing shows me my texts that come in on my phone! As if I can read...I actually do have a very nice pocket watch that is 100% analoggy. I just stopped wearing vests and spurs a while back so's I don't have the fitment for it...

Ok then which face do you use on it?

I'm going to hazard a wild guess the mickey mouse?

it would be nice if instead of mickey mouse they had marty feldman dressed as the pope and the two hands of the watch held little gold guitars at the end

Bob Womack

Oh, I did forget to mention this most excellent watch my scheduler gave me:

guitwatch.jpg

It sit on the producer's desk in my recording studio at work.

Bob

jhmp

people watching in general is a blast.
my favorite place for that is any sidewalk table in South Beach Miami.

Anytime I put a nice one on my wrist, it's just a mater of time till I slam the crystal into something. I can usually be accurate by the sun, within 10/ 15 minutes anyway.

J T

Raymond Weil's are very good watches. I have one. Not that one Gibson style, but it is very nice and keeps perfect time.

Pellman73

pateks are so dang pricey but they are masterpieces for sure

I can't get super excited about them but I think the caletrava like they have there is one of the quintessential dress watches I guess

I just don't get dressed all that often! well I do wear clothes.... just not clothes that justify a patek

plus if I had that kind of money I'd put it into guitars!

:salude

J T

I just got the Glycine Combat Sub GL0081. It's a nice watch. Swiss made automatic. Blue, Gold, Stainless. Beautiful. 42mm but does not sit high off my wrist. It's a dive watch 660 ft. It has all the things I was looking for. Automatic, 24 hr marks, Rotating bezel, screw down crown,Date, waterproof. Keeps very accurate time. After a week it's only +1 sec.
Best part is, it did not break the bank.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvMbvhQOHS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media"></iframe>

Last edited:

bern1

I love watches and have couple of vintage mechanical timepieces as well as a modern. I was going into the vintage watch thing heavily a few years ago but paused and retreated. I was a little late in the game and just didn’t want to spend 10 years learning and making expensive mistakes.
I already have one of those hobbies!
I did just have to have an original 1967 Speedmaster though, so I bought one. Then I started researching getting it serviced and learned about that. Turns out that as cool as that watch is, it was just too big and heavy for my wrist. I have a modern chronograph now that fits me better. I still get tempted by a cool watch once in a while though! An old Omega Constellation would be on the short list!

renderit

Ok then which face do you use on it?

I'm going to hazard a wild guess the mickey mouse?

it would be nice if instead of mickey mouse they had marty feldman dressed as the pope and the two hands of the watch held little gold guitars at the end

Actually the Nike face to go with the band. It SOOOOOO matches the stylez of my fat butt. I laugh at the workout people in the gym with it on as I'm drippin' my cheezburger stuffed face at dem! (It's also the same color acid green as my type here). Apple wants to use my face for the watch but I told 'em I only talk to Jobs. They said they were hopeful that would happen soon...

Pellman73

Actually the Nike face to go with the band. It SOOOOOO matches the stylez of my fat butt. I laugh at the workout people in the gym with it on as I'm drippin' my cheezburger stuffed face at dem! (It's also the same color acid green as my type here). Apple wants to use my face for the watch but I told 'em I only talk to Jobs. They said they were hopeful that would happen soon...

I've got bad news to tell you about Jobs-- I feel you might be getting your news from the same place as lloyd christmas..