• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any other watch guys out there?

Black58

I like watches, fascinated by them; But I can't seem to wear one. I HATE things on my wrists. .. Maybe I was a convict, in another life. :hee

S. Cane

you are a Casio guy!

I like that story. thanks for sharing

Speaking of which, I just got a new G-Shock DW5600, the classic series of G-Shocks...

1zv9vfr.jpg

barman

I love watches. In fact I only wear "vintage" ones, manual rewinding types from the 50s and 60s.
Watches being accessories akin to jewels for men, it says a lot about who you are, love, or what you aspire to.
Being a registered nurse in France I don't have a lot of disposable income, so I can't really afford an Omega or a Longines.
Actually, I could if I wanted to, but it's mostly a matter of priorities, I prefer to spend my disposable income on guitars, amps & holidays and other stuff.
I am hopelessly middle-class but at nearly 40 years old I am OK with that perspective.
I have 3 watches that I wear on a rotational basis.
One is a "Lip", a French brand that went bankrupt. That watch belonged to my late grand-dad. Another one is a Swiss Tissot Seastar that I bought on auction about 10 years ago. The last one is a Hamilton, Swiss made that I stumbled upon in a "brocante" (kind of like a garage sale, but larger scale).
All three have been fully overhauled by a professional and work flawlessly.

IMG_20181101_165925_zpsytgm4xp1.jpg

IMG_20181101_170149_zps7c48oiwn.jpg

IMG_20181101_170054_zpsd7zw1tdz.jpg

Last edited:

Bluestar

I love watches. In fact I only wear "vintage" ones, manual rewinding types from the 50s and 60s.
Watches being accessories akin to jewels for men, it says a lot about who you are, love, or what you aspire to.
Being a registered nurse in France I don't have a lot of disposable income, so I can't really afford an Omega or a Longines.
Actually, I could if I wanted to, but it's mostly a matter of priorities, I prefer to spend my disposable income on guitars, amps & holidays and other stuff.
I am hopelessly middle-class but at nearly 40 years old I am OK with that perspective.
I have 3 watches that I wear on a rotational basis.
One is a "Lip", a French brand that went bankrupt. That watch belonged to my late grand-dad. Another one is a Swiss Tissot Seastar that I bought on auction about 10 years ago. The last one is a Hamilton, Swiss made that I stumbled upon in a "brocante" (kind of like a garage sale, but larger scale).
All three have been fully overhauled by a professional and work flawlessly.

IMG_20181101_170054_zpsd7zw1tdz.jpg

Nice watches! Love the Hamilton!