• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Creamtone abr1 advice

Giordydiver

Hi, someone use creamtone abr1? I must replace my abr1 on R8 2014 and i dont know if buy creamtone or faber. What the best? I know faber is good bridge but add some low mids , about creamtone dont know nothing

Classic

Are you aware that DMC and Pigtail also make vintage style bridges?

King64kong

I have a Creamtone abr-1 no wire and I can't speak highly enough about it. It immediately improved my tone, plugged in and acoustically, and is in perfect intonation.

And Lonny is great to work with!

I got the 59 aged abr-1 and tailpiece, an they'll never leave my Les Paul!

TM1

Creamtone is the only one that I would use if I was going for a cast Zinc replica. I don't know what Gibson or some other use as a Zinc metal mix, but they sound like crap vs. a Fifties/early 60's ABR-1. The old, original ones certainly impart a better sound. The ABR-1's on the Historic's sound awful compared to the old ones.

gmann

Creamtone is the only one that I would use if I was going for a cast Zinc replica. I don't know what Gibson or some other use as a Zinc metal mix, but they sound like crap vs. a Fifties/early 60's ABR-1. The old, original ones certainly impart a better sound. The ABR-1's on the Historic's sound awful compared to the old ones.

Great products and svc fm Lonnie!

EFLOW

Faber hardware is better than Creamtone one. Creamtone make great pickguards.

Giordydiver

Faber hardware is better than Creamtone one. Creamtone make great pickguards.

Faber is also cheaper than creamtone but faber abr1 ad some low-mid. I dont want change the tone of my guitar but i need to replace my abr1 because one saddle has high tolerance adding some buzz. So i need a good abr1 but more neutral than possible.

Giordydiver

Classic

So guys i have asked directly to creamtone and crazyparts. Creamtone told me that abr1 has original gibson base with saddles and screws our production, crazypart gives abr1 totally original but aged by them. At this point what bridge choose?

https://www.creamtone.com/collectio...br-1-for-historic-vintage-gibsons-made-in-usa

http://www.crazyparts.de/parts-for-...omaged-vintage-shape-gibson-nonwire-abr-1.php

http://www.crazyparts.de/parts-for-...r-1-bridge-aged/aged-gibson-nonwire-abr-1.php

http://www.crazyparts.de/dmc/dmc-ltd-nonwire-abr-1-bridge-nickel-aged.php

RavenTooth

I'm very happy with my Pigtail. It didn't really color the sound. It only improved it by adding a bit of liveliness and fullness. I chose it because, apparently, it has the most vintage-accurate metallurgy. Would be interested to know how it compares to the Creamtone.

Rev-al

I am very interested too. Although I am most interested in how any bridge might alter/influence tone, rather than looks.
Anyone have an opinion on tone comparison ? I saw the bridge shootout posted on this forum and the Historic bridge seemed to fair badly.

P.Walker

aren't creamtones just aged versions of gibson's non-wired abr-1 bridge?

Anyways, I bought two sets of their longer strap pins called "deep anchor studs," which a few bursts had back in the day. Normally it'd be short/long. Creamtones and some originals are equal length on both sides.

Gibson historic went to their version of deep anchor pins in 09, but the screw material is brass and the button itself is a very light and flimsy. Creamtone's screws are steel and the aluminum they use for the buttons are heavier and feel sturdier.

Lonnie's excellent customer service needs no further explanation. All around excellent.

Last edited: