• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

9-2180 - Lorelei

Wow! Such an unexpectedly civilized resolution.
Having followed the tale of this 'burst on the forum,
I feared that lawyers and rock star egos would rule the outcome.
So reassuring to know that two adults can settle a potentially litigious
matter with some common sense and civility.
Well done, and congratulations Cody & Craig.

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
This is a thrilling ending to the saga, and leaves a great burst with another "medal" rather than a big black eye. Congratulations to both of you on being adults in a world where that's becoming increasingly rare.

RSVG&A

WOW!!!!!!

Keeps the guitar. Adds to the provenance of the guitar. Clears the title of the guitar. Gives closure to Craig. Heightens the profile and adds to the unique history of the guitar...which probably raises the value of the guitar. Probably sets the stage for a CC run that both Craig and Cody benefit from.

You had a great day! That couldn't have turned out better. :salude

Yep ! EXACTLY what Eric said - congrats friend , that was a steep hill to climb :applaude

MapleFlame

Maybe some day we can get Charlie to do a big photo shoot of this wonderful instrument. Every nook and cranny. Can't say enough on how happy I am for you Harry. Peace is good.

Cody

Thanks, guys.

Another gratuitous shot of me and Lorelei:

normal_Cody_Burst_9-2180.jpg

garywright

beautiful guitar ! ..the color and figure between the pups reminds me of TW's Sandy

Kossoff

Oh wow! This is great news. Congratulations!
It is so wonderful to have an outcome where all are happy.

DoubleBoogie

Wow!! Such a refreshingly nice outcome to what was a gigantic can of worms! Congrats! :salude

Last edited:

Gheal77

Hey all, this is a great story. There is a missing piece, hope to get to the end. last week I was in Nashville and I PLAYED this guitar at a vintage guitar shop. Did the owner sell it, and maybe Craig did not want to pay $300k for her? It was beautiful, I wish I could buy it...maybe someday. I had no idea when I played it what the back story was, just wanted to feel what a '59 played like...