• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

True Historic ´59 Bavarian Makeover

hoss

The UPS driver looks like my UPS driver 650 and something Kilometers away :hmm

corpse

Get out of the way- the cats are waiting to climb into the case.

Just gorgeous. Looks like a keeper.

J T

Cool! Congrats!

Request: Please hold your phone horizontal not vertical. :)

Pellman73

Cool! Congrats!

Request: Please hold your phone horizontal not vertical. :)

Congrats ORREMAN. Thanks for sharing . I was thinking of this public service announcement when watching as well

Orreman

So, first impressions.

I've had her home for about 24 hrs now and I must say that I'm totally blown away of how good she is.

The looks:

She looks amazingly good. The attention to detail is mind blowing!
I took her down to one of the better guitar stores here in Stockholm yesterday, where there's a guy who specializes in old bursts.
He thought it was a real '59! He was totally blown away when I told him that it's a makeover.
The new top carve is just stunning.

NkgEJW6.jpg

The tone:

She sounds totally different. Much more open and brighter. Almost piano-like.
The sustain is much, much better and the high frequency range is much more present than before.

The feel:

She feels like a totally different guitar. (in a very good way)
Gone is the sticky, yucky Gibson nitro. This feels almost like glass. It's much harder than the Gibson stuff.
The Brazilian board with the new frets feels perfect. No dead spots at all.
The new neck carve is perfect.
She feels like a 60 years old guitar.

Florian: (not first impressions)

After this project I consider Florian to be a really good friend of mine.
He's one of the best makeover guys out there and it's not only when it comes to his craftsmanship.
He is a really funny guy, with a big heart. We have spoken everyday since we started this project and I will really miss that.
Hopefully, I will be able to send him another guitar before the end of this year.
I recommend him 100%

So, stay tuned for some comparison videos in the near future:)

jaegerguitars

So, first impressions.

I've had her home for about 24 hrs now and I must say that I'm totally blown away of how good she is.

The looks:

She looks amazingly good. The attention to detail is mind blowing!
I took her down to one of the better guitar stores here in Stockholm yesterday, where there's a guy who specializes in old bursts.
He thought it was a real '59! He was totally blown away when I told him that it's a makeover.
The new top carve is just stunning.

NkgEJW6.jpg

The tone:

She sounds totally different. Much more open and brighter. Almost piano-like.
The sustain is much, much better and the high frequency range is much more present than before.

The feel:

She feels like a totally different guitar. (in a very good way)
Gone is the sticky, yucky Gibson nitro. This feels almost like glass. It's much harder than the Gibson stuff.
The Brazilian board with the new frets feels perfect. No dead spots at all.
The new neck carve is perfect.
She feels like a 60 years old guitar.

Florian: (not first impressions)

After this project I consider Florian to be a really good friend of mine.
He's one of the best makeover guys out there and it's not only when it comes to his craftsmanship.
He is a really funny guy, with a big heart. We have spoken everyday since we started this project and I will really miss that.
Hopefully, I will be able to send him another guitar before the end of this year.
I recommend him 100%

So, stay tuned for some comparison videos in the near future:)

Dear Mister from Sweden! :)

I must confess that I´m a little sad that this crazy ride is over now; and you got your guitar back. I´d like her in my shop to show what a fabulous team of both guitarist and luthier are able to get done, when working and standing together as one. I want to thank you very much, too. It´s like you said: we became friends. Thank you, man.

Dear guys from the LPF:

you made it possible that we both had such a great motivation to complete this True Historic in a really weird way and with extreme attention to detail. That´s due to your kind posts, words, critics, and sometimes really good jokes. But first of all your knowledge.

Thank you all. Florian

jaegerguitars

Dear Mr. from Sweden!

I must confess: I´m a little sad now this crazy ride is over. But you´re damned right: we became friends after long nights of fading and writing us e-mails all day long. I want to thank you from the heart - this shows what a fabulous team of a guitarist and a luthier is able to get done. Thanks, man. She´s a beauteousness.

Dear guys from the Les Paul Forum!

I´m really grateful for joining us, for debating, discussing, joking and first of all: motivating us to bring this guitar with a weird attention to detail to a good end. I´m extremely happy that Orreman is happy with this guitar - but that couldn't be possible without your help - and knowledge.

Thank you all.

Florian

santosdotcalm

Dear Mr. from Sweden!

I must confess: I´m a little sad now this crazy ride is over. But you´re damned right: we became friends after long nights of fading and writing us e-mails all day long. I want to thank you from the heart - this shows what a fabulous team of a guitarist and a luthier is able to get done. Thanks, man. She´s a beauteousness.

Dear guys from the Les Paul Forum!

I´m really grateful for joining us, for debating, discussing, joking and first of all: motivating us to bring this guitar with a weird attention to detail to a good end. I´m extremely happy that Orreman is happy with this guitar - but that couldn't be possible without your help - and knowledge.

Thank you all.

Florian

You're a master of your craft. You should be very proud of your work. Thanks for all you do...:dude:

Dave P

Nice looking guitar! Turned out great. :salude

I don't proclaim to be an expert, but shouldn't the neck binding have been rolled after it was painted?
binding1.jpg

I've seen a fair amount of Bursts and the binding has looked more like this:
binding4.jpg

Orreman

Nice looking guitar! Turned out great. :salude

I don't proclaim to be an expert, but shouldn't the neck binding have been rolled after it was painted?
binding1.jpg

I've seen a fair amount of Bursts and the binding has looked more like this:
binding4.jpg

Hi,

It has been rolled as you can see here:
RjmbHRa.jpg