• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone here use a Trio Plus Pedal for practice?

herb

Just got mine in the mail today. I'll be using it mainly to practice soloing over chord progressions and possibly to build songs. I've tried plain loopers and recording song tracks on my computer to not much avail. Hopefully this thing will take. Looks sort of complicated. I plan on spending some time with it this weekend.

renderit

I got mine in the mail several months ago. It is still on me desk! The knobs intimidate me...

Big Al

I have the original Trio with the switch pedal. It works great and I have used mine with a Ditto Looper for at home practice and working out song ideas. I have been debating getting the upgraded Trio + but $$$ moolah is tight at the moment, but I can definitely say that the utility and joy, yes joy this pedal makes me happy, I have gotten with this pedal was worth way more than I spent.

Take the time to set the style and pattern functions. Using the A and B parts can allow for easy verse/chorus setups and honestly I have found new, cool things every time I use it. I run it into my practice PA at home in stereo and use my amps for my guitar sound.

Great, great pedal for what it does. Drums, Bass playing to your arrangement and it sounds pretty damn good! I loop an EH B9 for some cool organ stuff or a rhythm guitar part and the play my pointy little head off!!!

The looper function and simplified Bass feature on the plus version would make my life easier. I'd say go for it. It depends on your ability. If you understand music and can play well enough, (nothing great, no virtuoso stuff is needed), you know, can play in key, understand song structure and can play in time you will find a lot of usefulness in this pedal.:hank

herb

Yesterday I finally found time to experiment with the pedal. I admit I was a bit intimidated but after about a half hour I got the hang of it and I must say it is a great tool for my intentions. I was able to make any groove I wanted and solo over it. It sounds pretty darn good, too, and I had it plugged into a small, low powered amp. Today I am going to set it up with my PA and try that out. So far, I give this pedal a big thumbs up!

texasjtl3

I've had the Trio + for about a year now. I really like the ability to set up any groove I want and then play for hours without having to convince two friends to hold the same groove.

I do like running it through its own amp and playing over top through another amp.

renderit

I've had the Trio + for about a year now. I really like the ability to set up any groove I want and then play for hours without having to convince two friends to hold the same groove.

I do like running it through its own amp and playing over top through another amp.

Damn! I never thought of that! WOAH! THE NEIGHBORS ARE GONNA BE PISSED!