NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Most Disappointing Concert Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Cogswell View Post
    Sitting here trying to remember the worst show I've ever seen, & this post jogs my memory. BB King was bad (he just told rambling, pointless stories & played the same slow blues for about 30 min), but Buddy Guy's performance was worse. He did not have the excuse of being old & tired, either. This was in the early '90s. His energy was certainly high as he jumped around the stage, but he just played little fills & such. Mostly posing. That was fine, really, because his sound was loud & shrill. I got the impression that he liked being looked at & didn't think that anyone actually came to hear him play guitar.
    +1 on the Buddy Guy concert. When I saw him he was completely smashed and wouldn't finish a single song. He also kept screaming now listen throughout the entire concert. The guy he had playing guitar was good however the concert was kind of a lost cause. Extremely disappointed I love Buddy Guy. What I find perplexing is how one can have a whole Colosseum full of people and not be prepared for the gig!

Quote Originally Posted by Professortwang View Post
    +1 on the Buddy Guy concert. When I saw him he was completely smashed and wouldn't finish a single song. He also kept screaming now listen throughout the entire concert. The guy he had playing guitar was good however the concert was kind of a lost cause. Extremely disappointed I love Buddy Guy. What I find perplexing is how one can have a whole Colosseum full of people and not be prepared for the gig!
    I opened for Buddy guy at the Snowbird Jazz And Blues Festival and I wasn't impressed, his songs and solos seemed to ramble, is that the show you're talking about??? I did meet him before the show and he was nice and wasn't smashed at the time.

Les Paul Forum Member

Stephen Stills at the Michigan Theatre in Ann Arbor was probably the worst. He was drunk and couldn't remember the words to the songs. Left halfway into 1st set. The other was Steve Via - also at the Michigan Theatre. We left before he was half-over. My grandson pleaded "let's go - my ears can't take any more notes!" -- he was right!

Johnny Paycheck played a bar less than a half mile from my house for 10.00 a head . This was about 83 or 84 . Johnny was very drunk, the backup band hadn't bothered to learn his songs. Someone had loaned Johnny an old Blackguard tele with strings about as old as the guitar,tuning it was impossible. Just a bad unprofessional show in all respects

A bad one with one exception featured my favorite band Allman Brothers. ABB,Canned Heat and Alex Taylor 1972 Eat a Peach tour. Alex Taylor stole the show ,tight rocking band ,the first time I ever heard Chuck Leavell. Canned Heat, Bob "Bear" Hite was so drunk he fell onstage twice and damn near fell in the audience. ABB , it was the five man band and you could feel them still grieving for Duane. Berry was in bad shape, like Dickey once said "He just didn't want to live without his buddy".
    Last edited by oldog; 06-04-17 at 04:12 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123