• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Your Best Concert Ever?

BrandonH

Social Distortion with the Toadies at a venue called Pop's Night Club in 2012 or so. Crossroads 2010 was also amazing. My only disappointment there was they had JBLPplayer on the acoustic side stage rather than the main stage, except for a couple times invited up there. Jimmy Vaughan, Buddy Guy, and Johnny Lang in 2011 was also great.

Besides another Social D concert, honestly couldn't tell ya the last show I've gone to. Might have been BCC?... Not sure. Was going to see JB earlier this year, but had a gig the same night (at a much smaller venue :laugh2: ). A lot of the big acts aren't fans of STL :dang ...

I don't get out to big venue concerts much. Generally end up saving the ticket price, and buying beer at bars to help out other guys on the local cover circuit.

mdubya

I will post here instead of in the bot/troll thread.

Johnny Thunders Heartbreakers at Max’s Kansas City...1977...The Who Madison Square Garden 3/10/‘76...Bowie Station to Station tour 1976 at MSG...Replacements at Maxwells in Hoboken 1986...Stones at Capitol Theatre Passaic NJ...Ramones, Dead Boys at CBGB..Bob Dylan Mccarter Theatre Princeton NJ early 1990s..

:dude::dude::dude:

Awesome!

I have so many, can't even remember some.

Seeing Cheap Trick and Ratt (separately) in small clubs, mid-90's, was definitely mind blowing.

'96 KISS reunion was more impressive than I ever thought it would be.

'97 Black Sabbath at OzzFest was even better.

Stray Cats in 1983

Thee Hypnotics on the Soul, Glitter, Sin tour, opening nite, old 930 Club in DC. Tore the place down for about 75 of us.

Jane's Addiction Nothing's Shocking tour, matinee', Pasadena, MD, maybe 100 people, 12 inch high stage, nose to nose with Perry as they delivered us a very personal performance.

Oasis at the WUST Radio hall (now the New 930 Club) for What's the Story tour.

Dead Kennedys at the Lincoln Memorial, July 4th, 1983.

Bad Brains (many times) but particularly at WUST Radio Hall, 1984.

Bo Diddly, BB King, Black Crowes (first few club tours), LA Guns in clubs, Soundgarden 1989/90 at Hammerjacks in Baltimore, Link Wray, D Generation.

LeonC

Two of the best shows i ever saw weren't rock concerts...they were jazz. I saw Stan Getz in a tiny little room on Pico in Santa Monica in about '88 or '89. About 2 years earlier i saw McCoy Tyner in a cozy little club in Chicago.

But as for rock concerts, with Les Pauls in attendance, w/o a doubt, the best two shows i ever saw were the original Fleetwood Mac, w/Peter Green , followed by the next iteration of the band with Danny, Jeremy & Christine Perfect. OMG! Never saw a more dynamic rock band. They were absolutely incredible
...and the long passages of instrumental / soloing were also the best, most inspiring that i recall
..and this came within a year of having seen both Cream and Hendrix.

Guitar Whiskey

There are many but these ones stick out as most memorable when I think back and still remember a lot of the detail. The others are more blurred.

Sinatra & Martin - Lake Tahoe 1962
Louis Armstrong - Tropicana Hotel 1966
Steppenwolf - Thousand Oaks HS 1971
Black Sabbath -LA Forum 1971
Led Zeppelin - LA Forum 1972
Jethro Tull - LA Forum 1973
Who - LA Forum 1975
Utopia - Universal Ampitheater 1981
Chet Atkins - Coachhouse 1994
Tom Petty - Irvine Meadows 2010
Alice Cooper - Dublin 2017

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
Marcus King (twice) Last year in a small club in Buffalo, and last July in Syracuse. He is incredible, and I love that he uses an ES-345.

Hot_Snake

Metallica @ Le Bataclan in Paris FR, 2003, for the release of St-Anger.
1h set with a lot of old stuff, never seen a crowd like that ...

AC-DC in 96 was amazing, as well as Mc Cartney in 93 with my dad ...

kylejt

Emerson Lake and Palmer, 1975, San Francisco Civic. Quad sound systems, and Keith had a Theremin blow up in his hands, removing a fingernail. He kept on playing, though.

Or, The Who, 1976 in Winterland, San Francisco.

PabloHarlem

Queen 1982 Elland Road......Freddie was the best front man ever.

or U2 1985 Brixton Academy Theatre....... Pride had just been released.....