• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Your Best Concert Ever?

cincyguitar

Best concert this year was Peter Frampton and Steve Miller...when Frampton did "Do you feel like we do"....I think I had some acid flashbacks...lol...:headbange

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
I saw Blackberry Smoke in a small club in June, fantastic! But I became a big fan of Marcus King when I saw him open for Tedeschi-Trucks.

herb

Can't name just one. Jimi Hendrix in 1969 (or was it 70?) Fleetwood Mac in 1970. The Who in 1971. Bob Marley and the Wailers 1977. Van Morrison Wavelengths tour in late 70's. Surprise opening act was Rockpile, who was one of my favorites back then.

I'm thinking about seeing Dave Mason and Steve Cropper next week. I've never seen either and this will probably be my last chance. Steve Carlton plays the week after.

Iguana

Late to the party but.... Stevie Ray Vaughan’s last show at Alpine Valley. He burned that place to the ground that night. I swear he played like he knew it was his last night on earth. That was the only time I got to see him in person. I’m not ashamed to admit, I cried like a baby when I found out he was dead. Still have the ticket stub.

Hotshot

GNR last year. Row2. Was amazing. And STP in 2010. Two bands I just love, up close, was great.

PabloHarlem

Hard to nail down......but

Queen Elland Road 1982 - Because Freddie was the best

The Firm -1985 - Front row within 6 feet of Jimmy

U2 1985 - Brixton Academy Theatre - Pride just released, tiny theatre, front of stage stood up dancing....

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
I’ve seen some epic shows, but the two that stick out are SRV a year before he died and My Bloody Valentine when they started touring again in the late 00s.

Arnold M.

Rolling Stones, July 1972 Mr. Mick Taylor was in great form that night, still have my ticket stub after all those years too

jrgtr42

This thread goes back a ways....
and some great manes on lists. Jealous of some of the shows you guys have seen.
I have been lucky to see a lot of great shows, though.
Roger Waters playing The Wall at Fenway Park...
RW doing the Dark Side of the Moon (that was a religious experience)
Pink Floyd's Pulse tour -
Clapton a couple times, CSNY a few, Aerosmith probably 15 times, Rush a few (kicking myself I missed their last tour)
countless club shows.
Roger Daltrey doing Tommy, then most of the big hits.
I would say the best I ever saw was Leonard Cohen at one of the theaters in Boston, in 2012 or so.
In his mid-70s, he was on stage for 3 hours plus, up and down on his knees countless times, running on and off stage on the encores.
his band was great, the backup singers amazing, and his voice, though down around 50hz, was spot-on.

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
This thread goes back a ways....
and some great manes on lists. Jealous of some of the shows you guys have seen.
I have been lucky to see a lot of great shows, though.
Roger Waters playing The Wall at Fenway Park...
RW doing the Dark Side of the Moon (that was a religious experience)
Pink Floyd's Pulse tour -
Clapton a couple times, CSNY a few, Aerosmith probably 15 times, Rush a few (kicking myself I missed their last tour)
countless club shows.
Roger Daltrey doing Tommy, then most of the big hits.
I would say the best I ever saw was Leonard Cohen at one of the theaters in Boston, in 2012 or so.
In his mid-70s, he was on stage for 3 hours plus, up and down on his knees countless times, running on and off stage on the encores.
his band was great, the backup singers amazing, and his voice, though down around 50hz, was spot-on.
I saw Rush on their second to last show on the last tour. I realized that I wasn’t a total fanboy when. I was just as bored as my wife with all the obscure songs they played. 😂 That she immediately didn’t divorce me is a minor miracle. 😉

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
Just got tickets to see Marcus King at a club in Buffalo on the 25th. I became a fan after seeing him open for Tedeschi-Trucks over the summer. Very stoked!

corpse

Keep an eye out for a 53-style LP and a Firebird looking deal he's about to get. Made by our own CBR Matt.

barman

It has to be my first concert ever, Jeff Buckley at the Bataclan in Paris, February 1995.
Unforgettable. I was 14 and didn't know how lucky I was.

Bob H.

Allman Bros - Fillmore East. March 12 1971 8:00 pm show ( FE Album).
Aretha - Oakland Colleseum. 2015. (Same year as the Carol King show - same magic)
Robert Cray - Everytime.

DvnLesPaul

All Access/Backstage Pass
A few noteworthy for being "religious experiences" for me musically:

KingsX Faith Hope Love tour
Robert Plant Principle of Moments tour
Van Halen Fair Warning tour
Bloodline (featuring a teenaged Joe Bonamassa)

Axelorox

Paul McCartney at the first weekend of the Austin City Limits festival in October 2018

brandtkronholm

I saw Sir Paul and Co. for their performance during the second weekend of the Austin City Limits Festival. The show was great!

Yep, he played one of his 'Bursts! He (as one might expect) played the one with the dark spot near the selector for the "Golden Slumbers" medley.

Doc Sausage

Performance - Allman Bros opened Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati as the first public performance in the venue 9/9/75. Wish Duane and Barry were there. : / Tragically, it was the same venue The Who performed in a couple years later where 11 died. Saw Zep here in 1977. I had not begun to appreciate Physical Graffiti yet. Would like to have that night back as a do over!

Pure Fun - J.Geils at the same venue. Honorable mention: Some local cover bands in Cincy in the 70’s were extremely good at so called ‘AOR’ of the day. Had big fun at these ‘amateur’ shows too.

Doc Sausage

My 'best concert' would not be complete without recalling the time a friend and I decided to promote a "Jam" as was the event of the day. Like, California Jam... We booked a VFW hall, hired the best local cover band who could do Zep and Styx verbatim (well, almost) and sold tickets that boasted, "FREE BEER!" THAT sold a LOT of tickets! It was a great performance, a helleva lot of fun and we would have launched a successful promotion career if not for the copious amount of beer that was drank. But we paid the beer and band bill with literally a few bucks leftover. Called it, 'The Northside Jam' after our little town. Great night.

Last edited: