The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Gibson Marauder Bridge Pickups

I ran into a couple Marauder bridge pickups & bought them for a project guitar I may build. I was trying to determine if they were stacked humbuckers or single coils. Looking up information on the web, there seems to be no definite answer. I've seen info right off the Gibson site listing them as both & many other threads listing them both ways.

https://www.vintageguitar.com/3940/gibson-marauder-m-1/

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle...0725-2012.aspx

I'm leaning towards single coils though I was hoping for stacked humbuckers. Does anybody know for sure??

Re: Gibson Marauder Bridge Pickups

I have one of those bridge pickups and always assumed it was just a big honkin single coil. It's been in my parts box for 30 years. Everything I've read recently suggests it's a humbucker. All the demos I've heard of it sound like a Broadcaster pickup on steroids.
    Compared to most of you I suck at guitar, but I'm working real hard and sucking less every day. There, I said it.

There is an earlier see through version on eBay now, (mine are black). It sure looks like a single coil from the side view.

I bought a copy of "Guitar Electronics for Musicians" by Donald Brosnac years ago. it has schematics for many of my old Gibson. It shows it to be a single coil also.

It was suppose to be three times more powerful than similar pickups at the time.
    Last edited by Grog; 01-08-17 at 07:18 AM.

Pups Re: Gibson Marauder Bridge Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by RJLII View Post
    I have one of those bridge pickups and always assumed it was just a big honkin single coil. It's been in my parts box for 30 years. Everything I've read recently suggests it's a humbucker. All the demos I've heard of it sound like a Broadcaster pickup on steroids.
    Just bought a modded Marauder. Would like to buy your bridge pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by KarstenS View Post
    Just bought a modded Marauder. Would like to buy your bridge pickup.
    PM replied to. Sorry for the delay.
    Compared to most of you I suck at guitar, but I'm working real hard and sucking less every day. There, I said it.