• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Wildwood 10 Club

Huc

Anyone out there own one? I owned may Strats over the decades and found mine at Wildwood Music in Colorado. Custom Shop team built, Sherwood Green, clay dots, lightly aged, John Cruz pups, Brazzy board, 10 inch radius, 7.42 ibs. Best sounding Strat I have ever owned. It has modern wiring so there is a tone control for the lead pup. turn it down and get an almost humbucker tone. These are very expensive but also a superb investment for the future. Sounds fantastic through a plexi, Blues Deville, or a Vibro-KIng. The newer ones have a Indian Rosewood board. Tell us all about yours.

renderit

I gots a Blackguard Tele from them. Wildwood 10.

Last edited:

Monroe

I have two WW10s:
A '52 Tele, Sonic Blue, Quarter-sawn 56V neck profile, flatpole Broadcaster bridge PU, Twisted Tele neck PU, light relic, 6.9lbs

r4836_lg3.jpg

'59 Strat, Dakota Red, Brazilian board, Quarter-sawn '59 "John English" neck profile, John Cruz pickups, 7.5lbs

r43419_lg4.jpg

Both have 10" radius, 6105 frets, nitro finish, clay dots, bone nut, COAs, and are stellar instruments.

Last edited:

sonar

I have two WW10s:

'59 Strat, Dakota Red, Brazilian board, Quarter-sawn '59 John English neck profile, John Cruz pickups, 7.5lbs

r43419_lg4.jpg

Both have 10" radius, 6105 frets, nitro finish, clay dots, bone nut, COAs, and are stellar instruments.

I've always thought Fender never recaptured the proper Dakota Red shade, But "DANG" that guitar looks better than any other modern Dakota Red.

Congrats!

Huc

Sonar those are superb looking guitars. Love the Dakota Red Strat. Never, never, never sell or trade them, they are in my opinion the pinnacle of Fender craftsmanship. The tone on my Wildwood 10 Strat makes angels cry. The mid range bloom is fantastic. Some kind of major mojo in those John Cruz pups. :)

sonar

Sonar those are superb looking guitars. Love the Dakota Red Strat. Never, never, never sell or trade them, they are in my opinion the pinnacle of Fender craftsmanship. The tone on my Wildwood 10 Strat makes angels cry. The mid range bloom is fantastic. Some kind of major mojo in those John Cruz pups. :)

Non-vintage Strats are the most frustrating guitars for me. A real love/hate relationship at times. I'm embarrassed to admit how many Strats I've owned over the years. Everything from American Standard to a Cunnetto CS.

I gave up for nearly 10 years on Strats until last year when I bought a Basswood body ST62 from Ishibashi. With the Pure Vintage 65 pu swap I think I found a modern Strat I can hang with.

But dang, those Wildwood 10's look like Fender nailed it.

Huc

I have played and owned over 100 Strats. I owned a 1964 L Series, and a mega beat up 61 and all I will say is my Wildwood 10 59 Strat reigns supreme both in tone and visual appeal. Some guitars were just made for you and I. I try to bond with various makes and models but the mojo just isn't there. At present I'm looking for a Lester but NONE are speaking to me. A great Strat is like a powerful light sabre in the right hands. Leo got it right the first time. The Strat design was well ahead of it's time and will continue has long as players play electric guitars. The design is timeless.

Huc

Sorry Monroe, please forgive me as I suffer from Age Specific Cognitive Decline...or perhaps one to many beers. :) Killer looking man!

DoubleBoogie

I've got two Wildwood 10's This first one is a lightly aged 59 Tele with brazilian board. Its has a cool story with it. I saw it for sale used at Wildwood. It was handpicked from a bunch of Teles when they first got them by Brandon Montgomery of Bludo Tone amps. He actually loaned it to Robben Ford for a concert in Denver according to the folks at Wildwood. Supposedly, Ford loved it and tried to buy it from him but he kept it. According to the Wildwood folks, he moves from guitar to guitar at a whim and later traded it in to Wildwood for what I think they said was a nice Gretsch. This is probably my favorite guitar overall and is light as a feather and rings like a bell.

My other one is a John Cruz Masterbuilt 59 Strat with Brazilian board. It is an amazing guitar as well.

J T

'59 Strat, Dakota Red, Brazilian board, Quarter-sawn '59 John English neck profile, John Cruz pickups, 7.5lbs

r43419_lg4.jpg

Wow!

Just Wow!

THAT is a STRAT!

Nice!

:3zone