• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Your first concert?

maxwedge

May 31st 1974, Grand Funk's American Band tour at the Cow Palace SF. It was a crazy night with people throwing beer bottles at the police outside and inside it was full of pot smoke! I was 17!:dude:

Tone Quest

The year was 1968. With a friend of mine we saw Gary Pucket and Union Gap along with Jim Stafford the opening act. I think I was 14 at the time.

Jim W

The first (with my sister in law as chaperone :) ) was the group Chicago on September 24, 1977 at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois doing a Special Benefit for the Lincoln Park Zoo.

First on my own was Foghat on the "Live" tour in 1977

Billy Porter

8th June 1973 - Newcastle upon Tyne City Hall

David Bowie. My brother got the two of us and a friend tickets for the first show, we sneaked in for the second.

I now cringe at footage from that period and rarely listen to the music but it started me playing guitar so was a good thing overall :)

The memory of it is now very vague

1 month later Bowie killed Ziggy

Daytripper67

ALDO NOVA I think it was 82 may have been early 83. Small theater on CMU campus.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vPQgfaB3S1c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bern1

Chicken Shack at the Blow Up in Munich, Germany, 1967. Stan had the long guitar cord and paraded around with his sunburst Les Paul. It was quite impressive!

CatManDoo88

Sorry to make everyone feel old... (but I was born a couple of generations too late and am extremely jealous of all of your first concerts):

BB King, 80th Birthday Tour, April 5, 2005, John Labatt Centre, London, Ontario, Canada. I was 17 years old and my Dad took me as a birthday present. It was a really small intimate venue and a pretty damn good first concert for a millennial... lol

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Sorry to make everyone feel old... (but I was born a couple of generations too late and am extremely jealous of all of your first concerts):

BB King, 80th Birthday Tour, April 5, 2005, John Labatt Centre, London, Ontario, Canada. I was 17 years old and my Dad took me as a birthday present. It was a really small intimate venue and a pretty damn good first concert for a millennial... lol

Nothing wrong with that -- I saw him around that time as well at an outdoor concert in Northern California with Etta James and the great Al Green as opening acts. King was definitely slowing down, but I'm really happy to say I got to see him in concert before he dropped. I only wish I had seen him in his prime.

Drzguy

Nothing wrong with that -- I saw him around that time as well at an outdoor concert in Northern California with Etta James and the great Al Green as opening acts. King was definitely slowing down, but I'm really happy to say I got to see him in concert before he dropped. I only wish I had seen him in his prime.

I saw BB with Joe Bonamassa AND Kenny Wayne Shepherd as opening acts. :band