• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New member NVGD 64 SG Special

Hiwatt335

Hey guys, im new to the forum and just got my first vintage Gibson. Its a player grade 64 SG Special thats been modded alot! Had a P90 in the neck even though it was routed for humbuckers and it had a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the bridge when i got it. I pulled them out and put Sheptone tributes in it, and it sounds great with those.

All the hardware and electonics where changed out in the 70s so its no where near mint, but it has been played and well loved for many years. I also like that its beat up cause i dare to take it to gigs. The guitar has alot of local history connected to the music scene and also two guitarists that i know and that is always a big plus. I have a few other realy nice guitars, some custom shops and some japanese Grecos among other. But there is something special about this one and it sounds like the live cream stuff through my marshall.

Anyway as mentioned its my first post but i read the forum frequently and love all the stuff on here so glad to be apart of it!

Here are some pictures of it and my rig, 73 JMP 1987T, 80 Hiwatt DR103, 69 Laney Supergroup and a modded JTM45 Reissue.

Here it is reunited with the Blackface Bassma a local guitarist gigged with in the 70s. My brother owns that amp now and the guitarst used to be his teacher.

the photos are taken with an iphone camera so sorry for the quality

Mr. Big

Welcome to the forum...I have a '64 SG Jr. that I love. Enjoy your new tone monster.

Marcel M

Very cool guitar and VERY cool amps! Love that Hiwatt and the Laney! Welcome to the forum :salude

moonweasel

KILLER KILLER KILLER SG.

"Player" guitars are very welcome here! :)

Welcome to the LPF.