• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1987 Les Paul JR

Surfecho

I am a new member here and hope to become a Gibson owner. I am interested in buying a 1987 Les Paul Jr from the original owner. It is in excellent condition and shows no wear to speak of. It also comes with the original case. My problem is that I cannot find the value or any that have sold. Any suggestions on where to find more information?

Perry Underwood

I am a new member here and hope to become a Gibson owner. I am interested in buying a 1987 Les Paul Jr from the original owner. It is in excellent condition and shows no wear to speak of. It also comes with the original case. My problem is that I cannot find the value or any that have sold. Any suggestions on where to find more information?

Here's a listing from 2015 for perhaps the same model. Asking $1,100.

https://reverb.com/item/895944-gibson-les-paul-junior-1987-tobacco-suburst

mattnew33

nickza

The fact that it has a bridge and not just a wrap tail would put me off. Part of the Junior charm is missing

Gary J

Bought my son an '87 Junior a few weeks ago in mint condition from a highly reputable independent dealer for $750. Yeah, it doesn't have the single wrap around. The Junior reissues from '86 to '92 all had the two piece bridge. Regardless, it's a heck of player and he loves it. Many would argue that the stopbar/tuneomatic set up is functionally superior and would explain why Gibson made it the standard on all its electrics beginning around 1955. I understand the allure of a historically correct Junior with single piece wraparound, but what matters at the end of the day is how it plays and sounds, in my opinion.

Cream Fan

Actually, the wraptail is the superior sounding bridge. Sustain is better, too.

Gary J

Actually, the wraptail is the superior sounding bridge. Sustain is better, too.

Might be. I'm no expert. If its better, Gibson should have stuck with it, especially since its cheaper and less complicated.

agemaia

Hi,

please could you tell me if 1987 Gibson Les Paul Junior has a slim profile neck ???

Thanks.

Kind regards.

StrummerGil

Hi,

please could you tell me if 1987 Gibson Les Paul Junior has a slim profile neck ???

Thanks.

Kind regards.

I have a 93 Junior and compared to my 2011 Junior and various other Les Paul Standards, id say its a slim profile neck. The width is also on the narrow side. However it sounds great and is one of my favourite guitars I own.