• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2017 LPF Calendars...free to all Donors until the end of the year!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
As a reward (and an incentive:2cool) to all of our generous LPF Donors, we have produced what we feel like is a very cool LPF Calendar for 2017. They are not available for purchase, but are exclusively for our donors.

Calendar promotion offer ended December 31st. Thanks to those who participated!

Here's a sampling of the calendar:

Calendar.jpg

Forum Member Michael Borken has generously donated his time and talent to produce these for us at his cost. They are really great looking, and each one will bear its own unique serial number like a 1957 Goldtop (i.e. 7 0014).

We can't do it without our great members. So if you see fit to donate, we'd like to reward you with a cool calendar for 2017!:dude:

Last edited by a moderator:

AA00475Bassman

Lets have a good showing on this great forum , not only financial support let these guys know we really support their efforts to keep this going !

david plues

just done mine Charlie, I hope I have covered the postage plus a bit over - if it costs more just let me know
A great idea and thanks to Michael

talonmm

just done mine Charlie, I hope I have covered the postage plus a bit over - if it costs more just let me know
A great idea and thanks to Michael

The real thanks doesn't go to me, it goes to Charlie Daughtry and Mike Slubowski to make this happen.

I'd like to add that Charlie's photos are amazing and one of my favorite features of the calendar include the member Montage (spread over the front and back of the calendar to maximize each member's photo size). See half the montage below and click on the small photo to see a larger version.

Each Calendar has a unique serial number printed with it, in the format of Gibson's 1957 style and format.

a.jpg

david plues

The real thanks doesn't go to me, it goes to Charlie Daughtry and Mike Slubowski to make this happen.

I'd like to add that Charlie's photos are amazing and one of my favorite features of the calendar include the member Montage (spread over the front and back of the calendar to maximize each member's photo size). See half the montage below and click on the small photo to see a larger version.

Each Calendar has a unique serial number printed with it, in the format of Gibson's 1957 style and format.

View attachment 4887

hi, I wish you had let me know I would have supplied a 300dpi version which would have printed up to the full res. of my working file - well done for putting this together

talonmm

hi, I wish you had let me know I would have supplied a 300dpi version which would have printed up to the full res. of my working file - well done for putting this together

Hi David,

The photos Charlie supplied were very high quality and the printed pages look terrific. As is common in commercial printing, the supplied photos were so large and detailed they had to be "shrunk" down considerably to
fit on the page.

The shrinking of them is a good thing, it means that the quality and size of the photographs were fine. Going the other way, making a smaller photo larger to fit on a sheet of paper, results in seeing pixels. When you see the calendar in person, I'm sure you will agree the photos are stunning.

Charlie and Mike S. were concerned about the quality of the calendar and did not move forward with this promotion until they saw it in person and even test-marketed it by getting forum feedback at the Dallas Guitar show.

Hats off to Charlie and Mike for making sure the quality of this product meet the standards they thought the forum community would want.

sws1

Had I known my mug was going to be committed to paper, I would have smiled.

david plues

Hi David,

The photos Charlie supplied were very high quality and the printed pages look terrific. As is common in commercial printing, the supplied photos were so large and detailed they had to be "shrunk" down considerably to
fit on the page.

The shrinking of them is a good thing, it means that the quality and size of the photographs were fine. Going the other way, making a smaller photo larger to fit on a sheet of paper, results in seeing pixels. When you see the calendar in person, I'm sure you will agree the photos are stunning.

Charlie and Mike S. were concerned about the quality of the calendar and did not move forward with this promotion until they saw it in person and even test-marketed it by getting forum feedback at the Dallas Guitar show.

Hats off to Charlie and Mike for making sure the quality of this product meet the standards they thought the forum community would want.

sorry for the confusion, I was not talking about the guitar pics just my montage - if you send for printing they should be sized up at approx. 360 dpi and at their correct printing size of A4 or whatever the calendar is. My montage would be 72 dpi screen size suitable for the internet etc. Perhaps the printer did the resizing - anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing the calendar. it will be one for keeping under the bed. No scribbling notes on LOL

talonmm

sorry for the confusion, I was not talking about the guitar pics just my montage - if you send for printing they should be sized up at approx. 360 dpi and at their correct printing size of A4 or whatever the calendar is. My montage would be 72 dpi screen size suitable for the internet etc. Perhaps the printer did the resizing - anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing the calendar. it will be one for keeping under the bed. No scribbling notes on LOL

David,

Oh I understand now. Just so you know I started with an enormous montage and had to shrink that down and split in half. The front side and back side of the calendar were used to get every picture on the print out.

I am the printer and I also worked with Charlie and Mike S. on the layout and set up.

The montage came out great, and a larger file size would not have helped, but next year, if Charlie and Mike make this an annual event, I'll take a larger file from you.

I really admire your Montage and feel it really makes the calendar feel like a community event.

Hope you enjoy the calendar!

Matt58

All Access/Backstage Pass
Just donated....Thank you to all the people that make the LPF a great place to hang and enjoy Les Pauls! :dude: