• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Lily...our dedicated leader for many, many years, has passed away.

TM1

I just got off of the phone with my LONG TIME and VERY GOOD friend Charlie Daughtry, who gave me this news; both of us were among the first few hundred members here. I spoke by phone with Lily about 152 years ago, and STILL remember the conversation; I was impressed with her poise, wit, and downright CLASS - which is something you can't BUY at ANY price! Alternately, it's called "breeding" - you either HAVE it or you DON'T - and if you DON'T, you're SOL! Lily had it in SPADES; hell - the whole DECK! We had numerous private email exchanges as well; quite simply - they don't GET any better than that gal!

There's more proof that only the GOOD die YOUNG; which is why *I* will prolly live about another 50 years. And if I do so, I hope I never forget you, Lil - thank you for being YOU, and thank you for taking over the reins of this place and keeping the stagecoach pointed in the right direction through ALL the crazy weather it went through! Now pardon me while I go have myself a good cry...:dang
Nice to see you here my friend! I think this place needs to have the "Ganz" around here more often! I do miss your input, knowledge and observations!:)

tjsmith76

If memory serves, I think that guit was set up for her by Dan Erlewine. But with my memory, its a 50/50 bet.

Your memory serves you well in this instance. It was indeed set up by Dan . Truth of the matter is I have played her guitar far more than she ever did. She was such a lover of acoustics that she let me borrow her guitar and just left it with me. The guitar plays fantastic, Dan is going to go places if he sticks with it!:hee

GuitarDean

So sad about this... I know she had a rough go here towards the end when she handed over the forum to our new owners but dammit, she was great gal and worked awful hard for us for a very long time!

Goodbye Lily, we will remember you for as long as the forum is here!!!:salude

sickboy79

Just learning about this today. I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with Lily's family.

Tim

Just out of curiosity, which member was it that she always spoke about that wrote such funny stories all the time? I think he was sick or something like that.

Big Al. The original thread on this board with the saved posts from the ezboard forum is here, but for some reason it's disabled. It would be great if a mod could please unlock it. It had a great story by forum member Rich as well.

This thread has some of the Big Al stories scattered through it.

charlie

Your memory serves you well in this instance. It was indeed set up by Dan . Truth of the matter is I have played her guitar far more than she ever did. She was such a lover of acoustics that she let me borrow her guitar and just left it with me. The guitar plays fantastic, Dan is going to go places if he sticks with it!:hee

A fitting tribute and something you can treasure for many years. Very sorry for your loss.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Big Al. The original thread on this board with the saved posts from the ezboard forum is here, but for some reason it's disabled. It would be great if a mod could please unlock it. It had a great story by forum member Rich as well.

This thread has some of the Big Al stories scattered through it.

Done. They are both in the Backstage area.:jim

Peteyvee2

What terrible news. My sincere condolences to her close friends and family. When I originally joined in 2007, I remember her as being very kind and helpful to me. She will truly be missed. RIP Lily...

dlmorley

I'm so sorry to hear this. I haven't been too active on the forum recently, but still feel that it is a great community and obviously lily was central to this. May she RIP.
:rip

rockabilly69

Since I've been a member of this forum since 2001 I've had more then one conversation with Lily, and she was always very kind and helpful!
RIP to Lily, one of the finest kind!

pablomago

I haven't been around here much in the last few years, dealing with my own medical struggles among other things, so I'm not up on the "backstage" activities at the LPF. Needless to say, I'm shocked to hear about Lily. My most sincere condolences to Lily's friends and family. Is there a link to an obituary or something?

Heritage 80

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this. The LPF was the first internet forum I ever posted in. I lurked for a year or so, and when I first tried to post I emailed Lily and she patiently walked me through the process. We communicated for years via email. What a sweetheart. We even shared music, emailing CDS back and forth. One thing I haven't seen mentioned but Lily had an absolutely phenomenal voice. She could pull off some really mean Led Zep. Some great Janis stuff.as well. I'll try to find those disc and post some tunage. RIP Lily. A true class act.

Last edited:

hank

All Access/Backstage Pass
What a shock. A really nice lady. She recruited me to mod the ill-fated Acoustic Forum here. What a joy to work with.

My best to her family and friends. RIP Lily! Joe

daze

So sorry to hear this very sad news. My condolences to TJ and Lily's family and friends. My first memory of Lily was when the forum moved from the old ezboard site to vBulletin forum software 15 years ago. She skilfully managed to help migrate most of us early LPF reprobates account details over to the new forum software and tuned it so all ran smooth. Along with Dave P she helped build this place. She was top shelf. RIP Lily :lily