• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Lily...our dedicated leader for many, many years, has passed away.

tjsmith76

Just out of curiosity, which member was it that she always spoke about that wrote such funny stories all the time? I think he was sick or something like that.

Last edited:

Tubes 'n Wood

I haven't logged on in about a week, and I was shocked when I saw Lily's picture at the top of the screen... and very saddened. When I came back after some years hiatus and had to start another profile, I wondered what happened to Lily. I always thought she did a great job dealing with all the guys, bath room humor and personal attacks that seem to routinely happen in online forums. She was a class act and will be fondly remembered and greatly missed. Rest in peace Lily:lily

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
Just out of curiosity, which member was it that she always spoke about that wrote such funny stories all the time? I think he was sick or something like that.

Might be Big Al, he's the one who first made me aware of the Forum, and one funny SOB! He's also been fighting the good fight.

phil47uk

So sorry to hear the bad news..Condolences to all her family from us Brits over here.

Phil.

GeeJay

RIP Lily... :(

Best wishes to friends and family from across the pond.

Anje

Sad news indeed :( I remember a few exchanges years ago (time flies so fast) where she helped me out with some forum support, she sounded like a very nice person.
Sincere condolences to her family, and thank you Lily for all the great time made possible through the LPF.
:salude

BCR/Greg

Les Paul Forum Member and Host of Guitar Shop
Another good one gone.

"Enjoy every sandwich." Warren Zevon's advice before he passed away.

Elliot Easton

My sincerest condolences to Lily's family and loved ones. There are a whole lot of people around here that loved her and what she created. I've enjoyed this forum for years, all thanks to Lily. Rest In Peace

GastonG

So sad !
She always took care of many things on the Forum (and many things not known).

G

Joe Ganzler

I just got off of the phone with my LONG TIME and VERY GOOD friend Charlie Daughtry, who gave me this news; both of us were among the first few hundred members here. I spoke by phone with Lily about 152 years ago, and STILL remember the conversation; I was impressed with her poise, wit, and downright CLASS - which is something you can't BUY at ANY price! Alternately, it's called "breeding" - you either HAVE it or you DON'T - and if you DON'T, you're SOL! Lily had it in SPADES; hell - the whole DECK! We had numerous private email exchanges as well; quite simply - they don't GET any better than that gal!

There's more proof that only the GOOD die YOUNG; which is why *I* will prolly live about another 50 years. And if I do so, I hope I never forget you, Lil - thank you for being YOU, and thank you for taking over the reins of this place and keeping the stagecoach pointed in the right direction through ALL the crazy weather it went through! Now pardon me while I go have myself a good cry...:dang

buyusfear

Such sad news, I hope her family is well, and to those here who became her friend, i'm so sorry for your loss.
I owe a lot to this forum, so much knowledge, all of which came together thanks to Lily.
This is actually the first time i've put a face to the name. She looked really kind.

SpencerD

I was a member here at the start also and will always remember Ms. Lily as a straight shooter. She had a nice Les Paul with a Bigsby, I think it was a one off custom build or something.

charlie

I was a member here at the start also and will always remember Ms. Lily as a straight shooter. She had a nice Les Paul with a Bigsby, I think it was a one off custom build or something.

If memory serves, I think that guit was set up for her by Dan Erlewine. But with my memory, its a 50/50 bet.