• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

best guitar stand out there ?

deytookerjaabs

Yep, they'll fall. Even guitars that can handle any fall will still get the dreaded fret gouge if they hit something hard the wrong way. It's a PITA but for me whether at home with a toddler & a clumsy missus or out there gigging with fellas who can see about as far their arm can reach any guitar stand is just begging for trouble. If the house was quiet and the music room less cluttered it wouldn't be a big deal....but even a sure thing is just one trip over a cable from disaster.

RedHotRed

I have one of those seven guitar stands in my bedroom, I have several single units from the 80s & one Hercules that grabs the headstock for odd shaped guitars, bought it when I had a Jackson Rhoads.. Still there's guitars & basses just leaning against the wall in the upstairs studio..
There's not one guitar in a case.. We have dozens of cases in an area upstairs..
Need to make up something like TriBurst showed for the ones upstairs, Home Depot sells threaded U shaped hangers that would work fine for guitars cheap & a padded pillow behind each one too..

:teeth Love this forum.. So much better than the other one :bigal

Xpensive Wino

If you can't afford the real thing (see post #2), I suppose this will do:

girl-2.jpg

Uncle Gary

There is, IMO only ONE guitar stand worth considering for ANY guitar, and that's the Hamilton KB38.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002TJO92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's safe-virtually untippable, even if kicked by accident. I've used several of these for over 30 years and, stage or studio, they'e never let me down.

Only recommendation I have: replace the rubber on the "hanger" part with some 3/8 neoprene fuel line and cover that with some cotton flannel.

RDL

In the case, Always! Long experience has taught me. Dont mess with gravity! I remmember knocking someone elses DC special off its stand on stage once. Never saw a fat guy move so fast in my life! Disaster narrowly averted for us both. Also no more wall hangers for me after a New year party Telecaster incident. So if you love it dont stand it naked in the corner. ( No one puts baby in a corner?)