• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Old Vibro Champ

Humbuster

I have a mint all original 73 with an interesting provenance. As I no longer gig, it is my only amp and sounds fantastic.

Great find, BTW.

Doc8405

My '69 is outstanding - as close to the sound I am looking for. after some adjustments. I have the orig. speaker (in great shape in a box) and have an 8SC in there now. Like all have said, get I checked out by a good amp tech - the tech will let you know if it's worth fixing. If it is - go for it.

Last edited:

Texas Blues

I had a '78 VC that I got brandy new that year and later so stupidly lent it to a fellow guitar player that I thought was a friend.

I never got it back.

He ain't a friend of mine no more.

AlvisX

I found this pawn shoppin

But sadly it turned into this because.......what might a guy like Cesar Diaz do if he were here ? :)

jrgtr42

I have a '66 VC that's a killer little amp. Only issue is a grounding problem - still has the 2-prong plug (I know, I know, get that taken care of!!!)
Just have to make sure I don't touch any metal on my other amps while playing it. Other than tubes I think mine is original.

Wally

I have a '66 VC that's a killer little amp. Only issue is a grounding problem - still has the 2-prong plug (I know, I know, get that taken care of!!!)
Just have to make sure I don't touch any metal on my other amps while playing it. Other than tubes I think mine is original.

IF you learn to hear the noise that is present when that tw0-prong power cord is mis-oriented, the amp will sound better......and there is less of a chance of some shock.

lonesomesheik

@ T.B. : I did the same as you, since I got my VA 185 G (too lazy toget to those image shack & stuff I wish I could load up images right from the laptop!), I lend my E.C Vibro Champ to a friend, & now I don't miss it. The VA is running with a GZ34 & a couple of 6L6 for that ol'Charlie Christian sound, that is good & bad at the same time : I'll need another one that'll go with 5Y3 & a couple of 6V6 to get into that Deluxe bluesy sound:salude:salude:salude