• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Guitar Karma featuring Joe Bonamassa.

LPCollector

Required reading before going on:
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?178259-An-evening-with-Joe-Bonamassa&highlight=

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...other)-Evening-with-Joe-Bonamassa!&highlight=

Long story short:
During my first meeting with Joe B, tjhemp and I witnessed an amazing scene that had Dan Silverman gifting a 1963 Firebird I to Joe.
The Firebird, quickly, was named by Joe as "Treasure"
While at our second meeting with Joe, Dan, tjhemp and I had visitation rights to Treasure along with all of Joe's Bursts and touring guitars.

Now, years later, Karma has come full circle.

As we all know, Gibson has released an Epi line of Joe B signature Firebird I's, named Treasure.
Apparently, there is also a a Gibson USA version, too......as witnessed by the following:

Dan posted pics of a gift he just received, on his Facebook page today.
Looks like Joe sent Dan a couple of Firebird's as a return of Dan's generosity.

2hqdtg8.jpg

110m2di.jpg

qpmr1y.jpg

It has been a beautiful circle of Karmic activity to watch unfold.

Dan Silverman

No worries Mark, I should have made myself clearer! Now, can anyone help me out about the Firebird on the left. S.N. says it's a 76, but it has 2 pups, wraptail, NO holes were covered up where an ABR was, or should have been. No laminates, block inlay with no neck binding! At one time Chicago Music Exchange had it. It's a fantastic guitar, I just want to know the rest of the story.

mdubya

Great story! :applaude

Now I want one of those even more! :dude:

El Gringo

That is such a great story and Joe has to be one of the best of all time !!!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Two cool guys with generous hearts!:dude:

LPCollector

I couldn't agree more, Charlie.

BTW, I gifted Joe some of my Gourmet Sauce at his Portland show on his Birthday, when you talk to him next (and if you think about it) would you please ask him if he liked it for me?

Thanks in advance. :salude

EdwardR9

Time for Joe to return the Karma and gift me Magellan. That would be a cool story....

Is that the Firebird he uses on Slow Train from the Tour De Force concerts ? It is a beast of a guitar.