• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bonamassa Signature Firebird I?

TM1

Looks cool!

Here is mine. I just have to trim the truss rod cover a tad before getting it on correctly.

53D493A2-7066-469B-B3A5-545CAA302AB4_zpsgtvmvlez.jpg
F59AB789-71BA-4157-A86A-B02C93F4BAEC_zpskibfojqp.jpg
Damn, that looks great!

Robin B

What do the backs of your sunburst Bonamassas look like on mine the black ends abruptly at the back edge

theanalogdream

Placed a deposit on a gold one- should have it next week!
I love single pickup guitars... but the idea of having a firebird III type guitar, with the wrap tail is appealing!

Would the pick guard have any routing under it??

becks bolero

I have a firebird already with 2 vintage spec mini hums.

but this JB sure is tempting, all the guitars you guys have posted in the thread look fantastic!!

:dude:

fakejake

Heyhey,
I just ordered one of these bad boys :)
I found a shop in Europe that still had a sunburst one for sale, so I went for it. Can't wait for it to arrive.
For those who have one, I'd have a couple of questions, would be great if you could help me out:

I want to get some CTS pots straight away, so could anyone tell me whether the pots are long or short shaft? Usually the Gibson types don't fit into Epiphones, but this being a special run (and not a Les Paul) I'm not sure.

Also, I think of replaycing the studs and anchors. Has anyone tried to replace the studs and anchors with the slightly longer vintage style ones? Would those fit into the pre-drilled holes?

Finally, any need to replace the tailpiece? I'm thinking of getting an aged historic lightning bolt, but if if the stock one is basically the same (without the aging) then theres no real use for that for me.

You help would be very much apprciated, thanks!

Stevie C.

There is still a new Sunburst Joe B. FB1 for sale at Northern Kingdom Music in Bangor, Maine...

Heyhey,
I found a shop in Europe that still had a sunburst one for sale, so I went for it. Can't wait for it to arrive.
For those who have one, I'd have a couple of questions, would be great if you could help me out:

I want to get some CTS pots straight away, so could anyone tell me whether the pots are long or short shaft? Usually the Gibson types don't fit into Epiphones, but this being a special run (and not a Les Paul) I'm not sure.

Also, I think of replaycing the studs and anchors. Has anyone tried to replace the studs and anchors with the slightly longer vintage style ones? Would those fit into the pre-drilled holes?

Finally, any need to replace the tailpiece? I'm thinking of getting an aged historic lightning bolt, but if if the stock one is basically the same (without the aging) then theres no real use for that for me.

fakejake

Heyhey,

....anyone....?

fakejake

Why not see if you need to first? I haven't felt the need to change a thing. The studs and bridge work fine.
Right, but changing the pots ususally always make sense with Epiphones. Many folks around here even change them straight away on Gibsons.
I also wanted to go for a 250k tone pot as suggested by TM1. So it would be great to know whether the CTS pots usually intended for Gibsons would fit here. :salude

Big Al

Right, but changing the pots ususally always make sense with Epiphones. Many folks around here even change them straight away on Gibsons.
I also wanted to go for a 250k tone pot as suggested by TM1. So it would be great to know whether the CTS pots usually intended for Gibsons would fit here. :salude

The pots appear like standard pots too me.

fakejake

Thanks Big Al! :salude

Unless someone else chimes in I'll order a pair of those.
Still happy to hear about your experiences re the tailpiece, studs and anchors.

Big Al

Thanks Big Al! :salude

Unless someone else chimes in I'll order a pair of those.
Still happy to hear about your experiences re the tailpiece, studs and anchors.

I'm not an Epi fan, yet I cannot express how much I enjoy this guitar. I have wanted a burst FB I ever since I saw Steven Stills just ripp on one way back when. As is it delivers vintage performances and the bridge intonates much better than my old FB III. The pickup is nice.

fakejake

I'm not an Epi fan, yet I cannot express how much I enjoy this guitar. I have wanted a burst FB I ever since I saw Steven Stills just ripp on one way back when. As is it delivers vintage performances and the bridge intonates much better than my old FB III. The pickup is nice.

Mine came today, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm so much looking forward to start playing it.
I've been playing Jazz almost exclusively for the past 15 years, almost as long as I play guitar altogether. No bending, no overdrive, no bridge pickup. I bought this guitar with the promise to myself to get a bit of blues and rock playing on. Thats what I will work on consistently for the next year or so. I've always listened to Cream, Butterfield, Bluesbreakers, Led Zep etc, but never tried to play any music like that. I was too obsessed with Charlie Parker and the Real Book I guess...
So having a bridge PU only in this guitar is ideal. I'll put a set of 10's on and start working on my vibrato and bending. The first 2 solos I want to transcribe are Albert's Shuffle and Killing Floor by Bloomfield. Two of my favourites. My 175 is in the case and stored away already. I'll start tomorrow, and this amazing FB1 will be my companion :)
Really happy :biggrin:

Stevie C.

Mine came today, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm so much looking forward to start playing it.
I've been playing Jazz almost exclusively for the past 15 years, almost as long as I play guitar altogether. No bending, no overdrive, no bridge pickup. I bought this guitar with the promise to myself to get a bit of blues and rock playing on. Thats what I will work on consistently for the next year or so. I've always listened to Cream, Butterfield, Bluesbreakers, Led Zep etc, but never tried to play any music like that. I was too obsessed with Charlie Parker and the Real Book I guess...
So having a bridge PU only in this guitar is ideal. I'll put a set of 10's on and start working on my vibrato and bending. The first 2 solos I want to transcribe are Albert's Shuffle and Killing Floor by Bloomfield. Two of my favourites. My 175 is in the case and stored away already. I'll start tomorrow, and this amazing FB1 will be my companion :)
Really happy :biggrin:
Congrats!!:salude