• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

DiMarzio F Space Pic

Shantrick

Here's photographic proof that F spaced DiMarzios are the best bet for a Les Paul in the bridge position.
Mind you, this is an R9. I have no idea about other Les Paul models.

20160818_142804.jpg

Shantrick

Yay!!
A Super D in a Historic!!
LOVE IT!

Thank you! I love it too! I have a few friends who think it's sacrilege, but my tastes have changed
and I'm looking for some good 70's style hard rock tones. Super D in the bridge fits the bill. :dude:

Kris Ford

Oh hell yeah!
Glad to see someone using them in a Historic!! Glad someone around here wants to ROCK lol :biggrin:
I just scored a super early one, single conductor for my '76 Deluxe, and found a 1975 DiMarzio PAF for the neck.
superD.png

Though mine is normal spaced...all the poles still line up..(the low e on the neck pole is a slight optical angle distortion, strings line up just fine.:peace2)
014_1.jpg

B Ingram

Here's photographic proof that F spaced DiMarzios are the best bet for a Les Paul in the bridge position. ...

Awesome!

I'm gonna stick with not-the-best pickups in my guitar. :roflPerhaps to go along with my not-the-best playing.

Shantrick

Oh hell yeah!
Glad to see someone using them in a Historic!! Glad someone around here wants to ROCK lol :biggrin:
I just scored a super early one, single conductor for my '76 Deluxe, and found a 1975 DiMarzio PAF for the neck.
superD.png

Though mine is normal spaced...all the poles still line up..(the low e on the neck pole is a slight optical angle distortion, strings line up just fine.:peace2)
014_1.jpg

That is sweet! You scored an old school Super D! Some say they sound better than the newer ones. I know they aren't cheap
on e-bay. Nice find my friend! I'm putting a Humbucker from Hell in the neck, it's suppose to be in this week.

I really want a Norlin era guitar. It's something I'm going to seriously look for after Christmas. You have a kick ass guitar
1976....oh man, what I wouldn't give! lol :salude

renderit

I had those (but not F-spaced!) right when they came out back in the 70's? Maybe late 60's. Awesome pickups back then. The poles were always the black allen type I think. God they were hot back then...

Shantrick

Here she is finished with the Humbucker From Hell in the neck. Classic rock is right in her wheelhouse!
The HFH is regular spaced and as you can see the strings line up under the hex screws. I'm happy!

20160823_235235.jpg

Kris Ford

That is sweet! You scored an old school Super D! Some say they sound better than the newer ones. I know they aren't cheap
on e-bay. Nice find my friend! I'm putting a Humbucker from Hell in the neck, it's suppose to be in this week.

I really want a Norlin era guitar. It's something I'm going to seriously look for after Christmas. You have a kick ass guitar
1976....oh man, what I wouldn't give! lol :salude
Thanks man!1 Yours looks the part!
I know how good it sounds!!
So what amp is getting punished by that heavy handed duo?
'78 JMP2203 here! (and a '75 Orange OR120 too!)
Here she is finished with the Humbucker From Hell in the neck. Classic rock is right in her wheelhouse!
The HFH is regular spaced and as you can see the strings line up under the hex screws. I'm happy!

20160823_235235.jpg

Looks GREAT!!:salude

Shantrick

Kris...
Sorry for the delay in responding. I am mostly using a solid state Marshall through a 4x12. It rocks the foundation my friend! lol

Torzo

Gonna change my original pickups in my 2018 R8 to cream Dimarzios. But I still dont know if I need f-spaced pickups or not?

renderit

What is F spaced

The bridge pickup poles will be exactly under the string, not offset like a regular one.

They say it is to pick up more from the string.

I have a few.

It is in your ear, as the original LP's we so love never had them I question the need.